Sr. Product Marketing Manager - Observability
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make data accessible, usable, and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, our customers, having fun, and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
In this role, you will be part of a team of product marketing professionals responsible for the positioning, messaging, and integrated GTM of Splunk’s Observability solutions targeted at Application Development, DevOps and SRE teams. You will contribute to thought leadership, launch new solutions, and open up new marketing opportunities for Splunk and our partners. You will define meaningful ways to engage relevant personas and market to targeted use cases effectively. You will help navigate market segments and produce the content necessary for the Splunk field organization and partners to drive opportunities. You should have a bias for action, a willingness to learn, and a burning desire to win. Experience in product and solution marketing with a can-do, dynamic orientation is essential.
This role is an extraordinary opportunity for you to join a fast-growing, dynamic, and market-leading enterprise technology company. This role will also give you the opportunity to work on the world’s most advanced monitoring and observability technology and be a leading contributor to the next phase of growth at Splunk. Domain experience in marketing modern, cloud monitoring, and observability solutions to DevOps teams is strongly preferred.
- Create and deliver messaging and positioning for Splunk Observability solutions to DevOps personas.
- Contribute to overall market strategy and lead cross-functional marketing efforts aimed at building awareness for Splunk Observability solutions.
- Drive marketing efforts for generating leads, and increasing sales effectiveness and productivity in the DevOps market.
- Work closely with field sales, inside sales, marketing, professional services, and others on messaging and target marketing.
- Work across the marketing team to provide content for website, collateral, PR, media and industry analyst briefings, trade shows, online marketing, customer stories, etc.
- Work with product management to help shape business and product strategy and drive execution and innovation in product and GTM.
- Identify and represent the company at various speaking engagements, conferences, press interviews, industry analyst briefings, customer briefings, executive briefings, etc.
- Deliver sales training and enablement and develop tools such as sales kits, ROI analysis, and qualification and messaging guides to enhance sales effectiveness.
- Assist the field sales organization by providing competitive analysis and product expertise in specific sales situations.
- Develop and oversee the creation of various collateral including white papers, data sheets, videos, webinars and presentations.
- Drive awareness and interest for Splunk’s market leading Observability solutions via blogging, published articles, presenting and driving thought leadership.
- 7+ years of product marketing experience in relevant enterprise software.
- Passion for DevOps and Observability, and understanding of concepts, categories, etc.
- Expert storytelling ability, from helping craft core product messaging and positioning to bringing that story to life in a variety of tactics and formats.
- Excellent written and oral communication/presentation skills including ability to create and deliver effective presentations.
- Strong knowledge of technologies and solutions in the DevOps marketplace including Observability, the primary vendors, and industry trends and dynamics is strongly preferred.
- Must be a self-starter who truly enjoys working in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- Will require travel to industry conferences, customer visits, sales meetings and other places both U.S. and international.
- Strong interpersonal and collaboration skills.
- Bachelor of Science in a technical discipline or equivalent. MBA is preferred.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.