Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, our customers, having fun, and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
In this role, you will be part of a team of product marketing professionals responsible for the positioning, messaging and integrated GTM of Splunk’s solutions targeted at a growing collection of IT buyers and users and for a growing portfolio of IT solutions. You will contribute to thought leadership, launching new solutions, and opening up new market opportunities for Splunk and our partners. You will define meaningful ways to engage relevant personas and market use cases effectively. You will help navigate market segments and produce the content necessary for the Splunk field organization and partners to drive opportunities. You should have a bias for action, a willingness to learn and burning desire to win in market.
The position is based at Splunk’s headquarters in San Francisco or San Jose, California and is an extraordinary opportunity for you to join a fast-growing, dynamic, and market-leading enterprise technology company. Experience in product and solution marketing with a can-do, dynamic orientation is essential. Domain experience in IT is required. Intimate knowledge of a familiarity with Splunk’s portfolio of IT solutions is strongly preferred.
- Contribute to overall market strategy and lead cross-functional tactical marketing efforts aimed at building awareness, the Splunk brand, generating leads, and increasing sales effectiveness and productivity in the IT market.
- Work closely with field sales, inside sales, marketing, professional services and others on messaging and target marketing.
- Work across the marketing team to provide content for website, collateral, PR, media and industry analyst briefings, tradeshows, online marketing, customer stories etc.
- Work across IT Markets group to help shape business and product strategy and drive execution and innovation in product and GTM.
- Identify and represent the company at various speaking engagements, conferences, media relations, industry analyst briefings, customer briefings, executive briefings, etc.
- Deliver sales training and enablement and develop tools such as sales kits, ROI analysis, qualification and messaging guides to enhance sales effectiveness.
- Assist the field sales organization by providing expertise in specific sales situations.
- Develop and oversee the creation of various collateral including white papers and presentations.
- 8+ years of product marketing experience in relevant enterprise IT software, or equivalent experience.
- Expert storytelling ability, from helping craft core product messaging and positioning to bringing that story to life in a variety of tactics and formats.
- Excellent written and oral communication/presentation skills including ability to create and deliver effective presentations.
- Strong knowledge of technologies and solutions in IT Operations marketplace, the primary vendors, and industry trends and dynamics is strongly preferred.
- Must be a self starter who truly enjoys working in a fast-paced software start-up environment.
- Will require travel to industry conferences, customer visits, sales meetings and other places both U.S. and international.
- Ability to build end-to-end plans and manage execution across cross-functional teams.
- Strong leadership skills, interpersonal and collaboration skills.
- BS in technical discipline or equivalent. Advanced degrees (e.g. MBA) are preferred.
- Experience with the Pragmatic Marketing framework is preferred.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.