Design at Splunk
Design at Splunk is at the center of how we build and ship products our users love to use. We’re a team of designers, user researchers, and design program managers that move fast and focus on delivering clear and beautiful enterprise solutions to our customers.
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, our customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Do you think design has the power to make the world better? Are you excited by the challenge of helping people analyze and draw mission-critical insights from big data?
If so, we here at Splunk would love to hear from you!
We're looking for a Senior Manager of Product Design to lead our Admin and Dev Ecosystem teams.
- Lead & advocate for user-centered design solutions that meet measurable business objectives and requirements.
- develop processes to ensure smooth collaboration and product impact.
- Drive the design cycle, lead workshops, and ensure all requirements for projects are met.
- Confidently communicate designs decisions to partners and synthesis feedback.
- Mentor and guide other designers by working closely to identify clear career paths, providing critical feedback, and establish growth plans.
- Lead a group of Designers to inspire and mentor them, champion their work, guide them, and bring them to the next level
- Deliver a UX vision, along with a plan for evolutionary, iterative steps to get there
- Manage multiple product areas and align strategically across our product portfolio with various stakeholders
- Grow the design team by recruiting top talent and find growth opportunities for the whole team
- Critique design work and provide actionable feedback
- Focus the team on design and inspire various UX problem-solving methodologies
- Build relationships with other managers and leaders
- Lead the design process for your team—from problem definition to design implementation
- Partner with product, engineering, and research to ensure projects are well-defined, high impact, and successfully executed
- Work closely with design leadership to ensure a cohesive user experience across all products
- You have a BA, BS or MS degree preferred in HCI, or related field
- You have at least 8-10 years professional experience as a UX design lead with at least 5 years managing UX designers
- You have a portfolio of relevant design work, executed either by yourself or a team that you led, that conveys an ability to ship successful products
- You carry a user-centered approach to designing software
- You have experience working with engineers and product managers to drive strategy, vision, and execution
- You have experience attracting and hiring design talent
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
This is a remote position located in the US. You must be able to work on the West Coast time zone (PST). For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.