Join us as we pursue our disruptive vision to make machine data accessible, usable, and valuable to everyone with Splunk’s Data-to-Everything platform. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers and partners. At Splunk, we are committed to our work, customers, having fun and, most importantly, to each other’s success.
Splunk is looking for a thought leader with Product Management, Security, and Compliance related experience in regulated environments, who will help to drive the expansion of Splunk products in regulated environments across the public and private sectors.
This role will be part of the Compliance group in the Field Product Management team, which works closely with all of Product Management across the entire Splunk portfolio. The intent of this role is to centralize and curate Field and customer input to product owners and to focus the organization on Compliance and Product security-related features that are most relevant for Splunk customers.
In this role and under the leadership/close collaboration with the Director of Product Management - Compliance, you will closely collaborate with cross-functional teams including Field Sales, Engineering, Internal Audit, and others. The goal of the collaboration is to assist in offering direction to Splunk product teams to help drive the alignment of Compliance and Security standards and frameworks required for conducting business with all customers with an emphasis on markets that are particularly sensitive to compliance, such as the Public Sector.
You will work with developers and architects, writers, and a team of PMs who love technology to identify and solve technical challenges. You have experience in the following to assist in these achievements:
- You have product management experience and a track record of accomplishments.
- You are self-driven and process-oriented.
- You understand intricacies and have experience working with any two of the following: FedRAMP, SOC 2, ISO 27001, FIPS 140, Common Criteria, FISMA, Section 508, GDPR, WCAG, HIPAA, PCI, GDPR, ISO 9001, GxP.
- You have experience working with internal and/or external auditors as part of the SaaS/IaaS/PaaS accreditation/certification process.
- You are familiar with how Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) aspects impact compliance with the above requirements.
- You have a solid understanding of big data, logging, and analytics technologies, and understand how they fit together to deliver concrete business value to regulated customers.
If so, you might be well suited for this role.
Preferred location: this position can be based anywhere in the US.
In alignment with the Director of Product Management - Compliance, you will collaborate with product teams across Splunk and with customers to:
- Establish and maintain cadence and alignment with Engineering, Sales, Internal Audit, and Products leadership to ensure relevancy and accurate prioritization of product security and compliance initiatives across the Products organization
- Drive visibility, predictability, and consistency around product security and compliance initiatives
- Establish, maintain, and curate standardized intake processes for product security and compliance requests and inquiries from the field
- Collaborate with product owners and Internal Audit team to create and maintain an overall compliance/certifications roadmap for Splunk product lines
- Collaborate with Technical Program Management and Engineering, and help drive the development of standardized processes and procedures to assure compliance requirements are accounted for in New Product Introduction (NPI), New Feature Introduction (NFI), and acquisition activities
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to develop and execute plans for attaining and maintaining prioritized government and industry product certifications and affirmations of compliance (e.g. Section 508, Common Criteria, FedRAMP, FIPS, HIPAA, etc.)
- Attain and maintain expertise in relevant government and industry technology security and compliance frameworks and standards
- Assume the role of a subject matter expert on product compliance efforts at Splunk
- Produce, maintain, and deliver Field guidance and enablement on relevant Compliance topics
- Understand the market and competition for use case support as a means of driving adoption of Splunk technology
- Support product feature planning process and go-to-market activities
- Proven thought leadership and business process development experience
- Proven experience (4+ years) of working in regulated environments (e.g. FedRAMP, FISMA, DoD, FDA, HIPAA, etc.)
- Experience in establishing a successful cross-functional team collaboration
- A well rounded and proven experience (5+ years) in all aspects of SDLC, from project chartering to requirements engineering to product deployment, support, and deprecation
- Strong analytical abilities to make data-based and strategic value-driven business decisions, including the ability to make reasoned decisions in the face of uncertainty or imperfect data
- Ability and prior experience working closely with Sales teams and solutions architects
- Proven technology security and compliance experience (4+ years), and expertise in compliance and certifications requirements for frameworks such as FedRAMP, FIPS, FISMA, HIPAA, Common Criteria, DoD RMF, etc.
- Strong technical background is highly preferred
- Meaningful experience with Splunk products is preferred
- Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills characterized by transparency and conciseness
- Experience in efficiently working with internal and external partners, including executive leadership
- Ability to influence people at all levels across a broad variety of job functions
- Excellent organizational skills to juggle many tasks
- Bachelor's degree in the relevant subject area is a minimum, Master’s degree is preferred
- Relevant and industry-recognized professional security, compliance, and technology certifications are preferred (e.g. ISC2 CISSP, ISC2 CSSLP, ISACA CISM, ISACA CISA, ISC2 CCSP, EC-Council CEH, etc.)
We value diversity at our company. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which you are applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment people with arrest and conviction records
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!