Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable, and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun, and most meaningfully to each other’s success.
Are you passionate about learning new technologies and understanding how they work? Are you interested in an opportunity to work with an upbeat team to help drive its products to a new level? As a Sr. Principal Software Engineer in Test Architect, you will be architecting and drive automated, reliable, resilient, and extensible solutions to improve and build our testing strategies and capabilities, and continually improve our testing infrastructure for SAAS & cloud offerings.
- This is a highly strategic and technical hands-on role responsible for leading the technical direction for Quality Engineering with the selection of QE tools and technologies in alignment with the overall solution and architecture vision.
- Establish dashboard and reporting to provide visibility on code & test quality metrics, release quality to drive QA efficiency.
- Ability to deep dive into any technical discussion and articulates business impact and requirements
- Promotes Splunk innovations and comfortable presenting at meetups, recruiting events, and conferences and also contributes to authoring and publishing blogs and whitepapers.
- Communicates effectively with senior leadership and architects on testing and quality strategic plans.
- Key contributor and member of Spunk architecture review process.
- The responsibilities can also include designing, documenting, executing, and automating tests to effectively and efficiently test features in development.
- Drives SAAS & Cloud testing strategy to deliver in a continuous delivery model.
- Drives technology direction and continuously raises the bar on technical excellence and delivery.
- Works intimately with the Engineering and Product Management teams to develop, automate, and execute sophisticated tests against required specifications.
- Collaborates with external and internal teams and it’s the heart of what makes Splunk a phenomenal place to work at.
- Participates in high profile and critical customer engagements and escalations as needed.
- Incorporates customer use cases, issues, telemetry data back into testing to enhance the overall product quality.
- Proactively identifies testing and process gaps and implements solutions to achieve efficiencies across the organizational boundaries.
- Coaches and mentors SDET engineers on best practices and technology direction.
- Helps build the talent pool in the organization with hiring.
- Passionate about quality engineering and Splunk.
- Strong SAAS background
- Deep understanding of API & microservices.
- Solid understanding of Data Analytics, MapReduce, Virtualization (VM/Containers), and Visualization.
- Solid experience in setting up and working on distributed systems and solutions like AWS Cloud, Google Cloud Platform, or Azure.
- Solid experience with Kubernetes, Docker, and any container orchestration system/solution.
- Solid experience in at least one programming language, such as Python (most preferred), Go, Java, Ruby, Perl, or C++. With SCM experience using Git, GitHub, or GitLab.
- Solid experience in test automation framework using Pytest, Selenium WebDriver, or any Go testing framework (e.g. Ginkgo).
- Solid experience in DevOps and CI/CD related technologies.
- Expert in exploratory testing by fully understanding your designated features or areas.
- In-depth system administration skills in Linux and Windows.
- Exceptional collaborator
- Effective communicator who can be the technical spokesperson for his Team/Area in broader architecture and technology discussion.
- Experience building up test framework or infrastructure.
- Experience dealing with cross-functional teams, including Support, Sustaining, and Customer Escalations.
- Experience in engineering management and leadership.
- BS EE or CS degree
- 15 + years related experience (or Masters and 13 + years related experience or Ph.D. and 10+ years' experience)
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.