Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, our customers, having fun, and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!Responsibilities:
- Recruit, mentor, and grow world class engineers.
- Partner with cross functional team members to develop and maintain a well defined roadmap, while balancing technological excellence.
- Help define technical direction and architecture with engineering team members.
- Facilitate coordination of multiple scrum teams to successfully deliver committed feature sets.
- Drive practices in training and development, and drive efficiencies across multiple feature teams.
- Build a culture of continuous learning, growth, and sharing of technological insights.
- 8+ years of hands on technical experience.
- 2+ years of direct management experience of highly technical engineers.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or another quantitative field. We will consider equivalent practical experience.
- Experience in delivering multiple complex technical projects within an Agile environment.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Familiar with machine learning and data science workflows
- Expertise in developing software on a public cloud platform (e.g. AWS, GCP, MS Azure etc.)
- Expertise in developing software with stream processing technology (e.g. Kafka, AWS Kinesis etc.)
- Proficiency with backend systems built using microservices, containerized infrastructure, and modern continuous delivery practices.
- Demonstrated ability to build a culture of team building and people management.
- Demonstrated ability to reach stretch goals in a fast-paced environment.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.