Join us as we pursue our mission to remove the barriers between data and action, so that everyone thrives in the Data Age. Splunk is filled with people who are passionate about pushing the boundaries of technology in an effort to help our customers succeed. As the world’s first Data-to-Everything Platform, Splunk is creating a world where data provides clarity, elevates discussion and accelerates progress. We invite you to explore what has made us one of the fastest growing technology companies in history, and how you can be an integral part of our journey!
The Splunk Employee Communication team is on a mission to inspire, inform and enable Splunkers worldwide! We are searching for an experienced collaborator and storyteller ready to lead Employee Communications for the Global Field Sales organization at Splunk. This person will be a part of a forward-thinking communication team who are always hungry to tell great stories and inspire employees to do their best work!
Reporting to Splunk’s Director, Employee Communications, this role is global in scope and ideal for a communicator that thrives in a high-growth, fast-moving and highly collaborative environment, is committed to delivering exceptional, agile, and creative communications, and ready on day one to partner with a high-performing team of passionate, committed, and fun Splunkers. Splunk’s Senior Manager of Communications for Field/Sales is a hands-on, global role that will liaise closely with Global Sales leadership, Field Enablement, GTM and Cross Functional Partners with the goal of dramatically enhancing the quality and efficacy of Splunker communications.
- In this role you will design, implement, and evolve an employee communications strategy that will ensure the teams have the content, information, and knowledge they need, when they need it.
- Partner closely with Splunk’s Sales leadership team to develop and deliver cutting-edge, scalable communications that improve productivity, clarity and drive conversation, connectedness, and innovation across Splunk's Sales and GTM employee community.
- Drive communications strategy for overall Splunk Sales organization.
- Build strategic agenda for and produce functional all hands meetings, town halls, roundtables, and "Ask Me Anything" sessions.
- Develop and roll out Sales/Field communications strategy and integration plans for acquisitions, partnering with a cross-functional team.
- Actively partner with the global employee communications team to ensure alignment of internal messaging, timing, and editorial strategies.
- Build change management communications for the function, including reorganizations, product realignments, and product announcements.
- Evolve existing and create new communication channels to ensure an optimal mix of top-down, sideways, and bottoms-up communication is taking place.
- Balance planned communications with unplanned and urgent business needs.
- Partner closely with the Executive Communications team as well as Sales and GTM senior leadership and business partners across finance, HR, etc.
- Sharp critical thinking, outstanding writing and editing, impeccable planning, and polished relationship-building skills, you'll have the opportunity to influence employees in the Field/Sales knowledge, sentiment, and behavior.
- 10+ years of experience managing communication programs and teams.
- Demonstrated experience leading communications for a function at a mid to large company.
- Ability to interact effectively and influence all levels of leadership, including CS leaders and Splunk’s executive team.
- Data-driven and results-oriented in managing and scaling global communications messaging, events, programs, and processes.
- Experience in high-growth environments and understanding of how to scale great company cultures and manage organizational change efforts.
- Exceptional writing and verbal communication. Must be a role model for internal stakeholders and staff.
- Bachelor’s degree in related fields. Graduate degree and technology experience welcome.
- Ready to be part of the team that will tell this decade's most exciting and compelling technology stories.
- Fun people preferred, actually required.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
(Colorado only*) Minimum base salary of $110,000. You may also be eligible for incentive pay + equity + benefits.*Note: Disclosure per sb19-085 (8-5-201 et seq).