Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
The Sr. Manager, Tools & Technology is responsible for identifying technology solutions that will automate repetitive processes, improve upon productivity, provide timely information to both the support teams and customers and deliver an exceptional Customer Support experience. This role will work closely with the Director of Self-service, Knowledge & Enablement, as well as the Support & Renewals leadership team to map out a tool stack architecture blueprint that will support the continual growth of the Support & Renewals organization.
- Perform technology architectural and solution engineering and review, in support of Customer Support business requirements.
- Effectively collaborate with different partners in the organization to drive IT policies, standards and guidelines adoption.
- Develop the technology architecture (including DR solution) that will advance the growth and scale of the Support & Renewals organization.
- Develop solution adoption strategies, and ensure solution adequacy, scalability, data consistency, security compliance and performance.
- Collaborate with application and infrastructure development teams and IT Operations team to guide realization of the defined architectures and solutions.
- Establish and maintain the list of technology standards approved by Corporate IT as well as the Architectural Guiding Principles to be referenced in system delivery.
- Provide technology and technical know-how to the Support & Renewals team.
- Develop a PMO Technology and Tools strategy & roadmap that meets the current business needs and assists in strengthening the quality of our implementations.
- Responsible for establishing an annual Tools & Technology budget.
- Communicate and negotiate clear timelines and actions for desired outcomes.
- Ensure solid deployment plans and business readiness to meet plans.
- Ability to handle complexity through thoughtful prioritization and disciplines that drive towards delivery.
- Solicit regular feedback from internal parties to ensure that the tools and technology framework is serving the needs of its users.
- Experience working in a matrixed environment, and effectively impact and influence a wide variety of constituents.
- Have an opinion and know how to influence at all organization levels.
- Provide regular technology architecture and implementation progress updates to the Support & Renewals leadership and teams.
- Remove barriers for execution of projects/programs by staff.
- University degree or Masters in Information Technology, Computer Science, Management Information Science or equivalent.
- At least 8+ years of working experience in Technology domain.
- Solid grasp of development using technology governance frameworks.
- Minimum 5+ years experience with Project Management.
- Strong Knowledge of IT security, Risk Management and Security Controls.
- Deep Knowledge in IT architecture across various technology infrastructure layers.
- Experience in system design and analysis, service oriented architectures (SOA) or message orientated middle-ware/web services.
- Ability to adapt to a dynamic environment, whilst delivering high quality solutions.
- Team oriented, yet has the ability to function independently.
- Several years of deep operations experience with cloud and emerging technologies.
- Familiarity with operationalizing and deploying key performance indicators and strategic initiatives for global support and renewals organizations.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.