Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Splunk is the world’s first Data-to-Everything Platform. Now organizations no longer need to worry about where their data is coming from, and they are free to focus on the business outcomes that data can deliver.
The Professional Services (PS) Engagement Manager manages and develops key client relationships to ensure overall success of Splunk implementations. The Engagement Manager partners with stakeholders in Sales, Support and Splunk leadership as a trusted advisor to address customer questions and manage issues related to the solution. The successful candidate will effectively position our services prescriptive approach, negotiate reasonable timelines, share team structure and expected outcomes as part of the sales process to close services business.
- Engages early in the sales process to position the right solution to the customer to ensure customer satisfaction and meet their business objectives
- 50/50 mix of pre and post sales
- Articulates relevant customer success stories and metrics that demonstrate value to the customer
- Consistently performs self-development related to industry trends impacting SPLUNK (Big Data, Security, ITOPS, Cloud, etc.) in order to establish a foundation as a trusted advisor
- Demonstrates solution understanding and success criteria by leveraging methodologies, blue prints, templates, Service Offerings and successful experiences with related solutions
- Understands the solution options available to the customers and engages the right team to win the deal and drive customer’s trust
- Works with the Contract and Project Management Offices to adhere to SPLUNK best practices and business guidelines and utilizes collaboration tools to access and share new assets, information, and updates
- Helps leverage existing proposals and SOWs to maximize efficiency and consistency.
- Effectively executes the RFP/SOW process in partnership with the area sales teams
- Accurately forecasts opportunities and pipeline, ensuring the information in SFDC is up to date at all times
- Collaborates with the Project Management Office or Project Managers to make sure projects are initiated on a timely basis with a qualified team that reflects the customer’s expectations
- Maintains accurate and up-to-date reporting, documentation, and system information to ensure the business can be accurately forecasted.
- Collaborates with area Sales leaders and Account Managers to build relationships, aggressively build pipeline and close bookings as measured by booking targets
- Collaborates with Sales Engineering to ensure Services is engaged early and at the required level of technical detail and content and that POCs are incorporated in Service’s proposed solution
- Works closely with SPLUNK ecosystem to ensure we are presenting a full solution to our customers
- Ensures that SPLUNK delivers successful outcomes to the customer as documented in the SOW/CCO by reviewing project status with SPLUNK project team and the customer
- Leverages partners to develop mutually beneficial relationships while continuing to focus on customer success
- Involved in remediation of customer problems, serving as customer advocate to ensure problems are effectively and rapidly resolved.
- 8-10+ years of related experience scoping and writing SOWs and selling and delivering professional services.
- Established experienced in services pre and post sales.
- Competency in Analytical Problem Solving, Customer/Partner Relationships, Product & Technology Expertise
- Project Management skills to manage customers. In some cases will provide Project Management oversight depending on the size of the territory they are looking after.
- IT Service delivery and support.
Education: Got it!
Bachelor's degree in computer science or business or equivalent experience
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which you are applying. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
(Colorado only*) Minimum base salary of $110,000. You may also be eligible for incentive pay + equity + benefits. Note: Disclosure per sb19-085 (8-5-201 et seq).