Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, our customers, having fun, and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
As the Sr. Director, Technical Marketing you will lead the technical strategy, resources, and tactics of Splunk’s product showcase logistics. In this role, you will develop the technical value proposition of our products, apps, and solutions, manage team and system resources to build supporting product demos and tools, and optimize how products are presented to prospects and customers as well as at key industry events. You and your team will be responsible for developing demonstration use cases that deliver a value-based dialogue and tailor the products’ showcase to specific audiences. This role sits in the product marketing organization and will work closely with other members of product marketing, IT, sales, sales engineering, product management, and development engineering.
The position is based in the San Francisco Bay Area—Splunk’s San Francisco or San Jose offices—and is a great opportunity to work at a fast-growing and dynamic enterprise technology company. Strong experience in technical marketing or sales engineering within enterprise software is required.
- Team leadership: Mentoring a team of highly skilled technical marketers. Managing the team’s day-to-day operations, short and long-term objectives, hiring and onboarding programs, and assets and resource planning. Representing the team and the Technical Marketing function in cross-team interlocks and leadership meetings.
- Product demonstrations: Designing and, when required, delivering field training programs on our products’ value-based demonstration. Owning and maintaining Splunk’s official demo and video library. Duties also include developing demo scripts and data sets, handling demo infrastructure logistics, maintaining and updating demos, and providing technical support for demo-related matters.
- Product evangelism: Evangelizing and demonstrating Splunk products to analysts, prospects, and customers—in meetings, webinars, seminars, at conferences and tradeshows, and anywhere else required.
- Industry events: Optimizing the demo and showcase logistics of Splunk’s products for industry events. Attending trade shows and other events, as required, to represent Splunk and demonstrate our technology. Planning the product showcase and technical strategy of product-related events. Delivering main-stage presentations to large audiences.
- Product launches: Plan resources and timelines to support product launches with the development of technical product content (demos and videos), and where necessary, messaging, collateral, and sales tools, as well as pitching Splunk’s technology to analysts and press.
- Sales tools: Developing sales tools and templates for technical product presentations, whitepapers, product guides, product videos, technical briefs, and other assets to enable sales teams to sell the Splunk story effectively.
- Product positioning: Connecting market trends with Splunk’s technology to build technical product positioning strategies and messages for key use cases.
- Partnerships: Supporting partnership-related technical marketing activities.
- 10+ years of experience in technical product marketing, product management, or sales engineering in enterprise software.
- 2+ years of hands-on experience using and installing Splunk software.
- 5+ years of experience in Data Analytics, IT Operations, Cybersecurity or related industries.
- 5+ years of experience leading, growing, and mentoring teams.
- Passionate about groundbreaking technology, with strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience establishing value and translating this to effective technology-based demonstration use cases.
- Ability to effectively articulate and showcase technology with flair, and to different types of audience, including delivering main-stage presentations to an audience of 5,000+ people.
- Self-starter who truly enjoys working in a fast-paced, innovative software company.
- A knack for using new software tools—from video screen-capture and editing, to collaboration software and more.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science or a related discipline.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.