Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success.
Splunk is the leader in big data and machine learning analytics with a significant presence in the cyber security market. This role sets the strategic direction for overall security architecture supporting a highly dynamic, fast-paced and diverse organization while protecting the company as it becomes a multibillion dollar business. In this role you will manage our Security Architecture, Engineering, and Threat Vulnerability functions, with a focus on designing a scalable approach to service delivery in support of the organization’s global growth. As a strategic leader, you will have direct responsibility for three functions: Security Architecture, Security Engineering, and Threat and Vulnerability Management. You will report to the Splunk Chief Information Security Officer. Key to your success is blending business insight with the vision to deliver security services that support the hyper-growth nature of Splunk while guarding its assets, people, and processes from a range of threat actors.
- Design and implement a comprehensive strategy to deliver continuous improvements on our infrastructure and systems security posture
- Inform and oversee the development and execution of a comprehensive strategy for offensive security
- Partner cross-functionally with key business partners to influence and ensure alignment and support for the Security Architecture and Engineering mandate
- Align and collaborate with fellow leaders of our Global Security Operations and Risk and Information Protection teams on a strategy to support their functions with technical solutions and expertise
- Research, evaluate, and recommend security technologies that can be applied to technology solutions being developed or maintained internally or externally
- Develop, mentor, and lead a high-performing staff of information security experts
- Some travel required for work with the leadership team, possibly for customer briefings, planning and other activities
- 10+ years of progressive security leadership and management experience in multi-disciplinary environments
- Demonstrable experience managing a security engineering function in an organization with a large cloud footprint
- Experience leading an advanced threat and vulnerability management capability
- Ability to evolve security strategy based on research, data, business direction, and industry trends
- Demonstrable track record as an influential leader
- Practical security engineering background, with expert level knowledge of infrastructure security concepts including networking devices, identity services, web application security, encryption, penetration/vulnerability tools and endpoint security
- Solid understanding of data protection policies, standards and products, privacy rules and regulations
- Experience partnering with members of the security community
- Maintain hyper-current knowledge of threat landscape, attacker techniques and mitigations
- Demonstrable track record of delivering security solutions within tight time frames, in collaboration with multiple stakeholder groups and contending priorities
- Strategic, but also hands-on
- Use a data driven approach to drive security posture improvements and influence decision making
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- B.A./B.S or equivalent work experience
- You are eligible to work in the United States without company sponsorship
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.