Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
The Sr. Director, Professional Services Security Market Practice is accountable for the Security delivery ecosystem for the Professional Services organization.
As an integral part of the Customer Success (CS) team and working very closely with our Security Market Group segment teams, you will ensure CS strategies, offerings, and services are aligned with our customer needs and our product roadmap.
You will be responsible for leading Security Market Group accountability and execution across the Professional Services organization. You will collaborate with leaders in the Security Market Group, aligning CS to provide a complete solution to our customers. You will ensure Professional Services aligns with our Corporate Strategy, CS Strategy, and Security Market Group Strategy. In this critical role, you will partner with Splunk Security Market Group leaders to ensure the Professional Services org is aligned and delivering on promises to customers, Professional Services, CS performance metrics, and overall Security Market Group success.
- As the leader of our Splunk Professional Services Security Practice team, you will focus on delivering Splunk Security Service Offerings aligned to our Security Portfolio.
- You will be tasked with defining processes and procedures for scaling our Security Services business.
- Grow and nurture a cohesive “Security Community” within Professional Services.
- Help build a global delivery practice around systematic implementation of Splunk’s Security Portfolio.
- Help lead the creation of training, manuals, guides and other enablement materials to ensure scalable success.
- Partner with Splunk software engineering and pre-sales teams to ensure a seamless experience for Security customers.
- Work directly with customers on the delivery of their Security products.
- Mentor consultants, including partner consultants, on security deployments.
- Provide recommendations to leadership on resourcing, direction, and technical development of the Global Security practice.
- Shape customer expectations and deeply align outcomes with customer requirements with a focus on business value.
- Advise clients on best practices to help guide and solidify a given design.
- Use expertise and industry knowledge to bridge vision and desired state to delivery requirements.
- Facilitate workshops to capture business and technical requirements, current and desired states, and deliver a best-practice based global architecture and program definition.
- Supervise a team of Splunkers in achieving the above goals.
- Work alongside other Splunk Practice Leaders and Security domain experts.
- 12-15+ years of software consulting experience, with considerable focus on delivering security solutions to customers around the globe.
- Thought leader and software implementation expert with a proven track record in the Security space.
- Experience with Splunk security product line, Enterprise Security, User Behavior Analytics, Phantom, and Splunk Enterprise.
- Experience leading change, developing processes, implementing procedures and working collaboratively across organizations to achieve desired outcomes.
- Ability to work across the organization in a positive and effective manner.
- Solid understanding of security software solutions, log and machine data integration.
- Previous experience developing service practice materials, to include deployment guides, troubleshooting manuals, standard methodologies, consultant trainings, and other customer enabling documentation.
- Focused on customer success and delivery excellence.
- Willing to work as part of a diverse team, taking guidance from multiple stakeholders to achieve organizational outcomes.
- BA/BS preferred in computer science, computer engineering or equivalent work experience
- Travel is required up to 50%, possibly more at peak times.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.