Senior Director, People Operations
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable, and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun, and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
The right candidate for the head of People Operations role is passionate about driving strategic process and operational planning, implementation, project management, and supporting key initiatives across the enterprise with a focus on enabling strategic outcomes. Operational excellence will be the focus of driving discipline to delivery of People policies and practices with continuous improvement and re-engineering as the foundation of this role.
The Sr. Director, People Operations will lead a talented and dedicated team of Operations professionals. You will also develop capability to drive significant operational transformations across the function and integrate with the business. Your responsibilities will start with building out the vision and strategy to continue to rapidly scale the People team operations and the business globally. The successful candidate will have a strong client services mindset and be obsessed with driving productivity, business insights and engagement with our employees and managers. A focus on improving operational effectiveness will be critical. With courageous and inspiring leadership, you will amplify the impact of the team on the business through the expansion and improvement of service offerings. Strong partnerships within the People Organization and across other business functions are imperative for success. If you get excited about creating differentiated employee experiences and operational efficiencies, we’d love to speak to you!
- Provide vision, strategic leadership, planning, and guidance for the expansion, improvement and management of People operations and service offerings.
- Find practical opportunities to enhance the employee experience and optimize the ability to improve people processes and make more informed decisions using all available tools and systems, with a data-driven approach.
- Create a framework to track the overall health of the People team policies and practices.
- Improve the assessment, delivery, and support of People policies and processes that support current and future business needs. Investigate, fix and resolve complex issues that arise regarding policies, processes and practices.
- Drive high levels of client service and engagement with our employees and managers who rely on timely and accurate information, guidance and issue resolution.
- Partner with the People team and other partner teams (e.g. payroll, IT) to influence the creation and implementation of high quality, actionable processes and ensure operational readiness based on best practices.
- Lead the team to create, build, and implement effective, efficient, and consistent operational processes. Advance a continuous process improvement mindset leveraging technology and ensuring optimal utilization of all resources.
- Provide direction for the development of all aspects of operational processes and project management.
- Accountable for the overall operations scorecard, including service level agreements (SLA), metrics and resource management.
- Define and communicate to People team leadership - set service quality standards and metrics that are consistent with external benchmarks of high performing organizations
- Foster and maintain positive relationships with internal customers and partners.
- Identify opportunities to enhance the employee experience and optimize the businesses’ ability to improve people processes
- “Bring data to everything.” Develop and implement People team operational metrics strategy that provides both operational reporting and data analysis to support the organizations success. Provide consultative insights and establish an action plan to improve key transactions and issues.
- Implement standard People practices, defining work streams and clear accountabilities and monitoring program impact and results.
What It Takes To Succeed
- Accomplished leader in developing organizations, mentoring others, and building diverse, high performing teams.
- Highly effective at working collaboratively with key stakeholders: being consultative, influencing, managing expectations, productively addressing conflict and leading through others.
- Expert critical thinking and communication skills. Ability to work with all levels across the organization.
- Deep operational experience with previous exposure to rapidly scaling businesses and HR functions. Owns gaps in services.
- Experience and proven background managing processes and practices within a multi-tiered service delivery operating model that interfaces with employees, business leaders, and vendors/suppliers.
- Superior operational and client service skills, strong interpersonal skills and close attention to detail.
- Understanding of practices and compliance issues around the globe. Deep appreciation for explicit and nuanced differences in country and regional practices outside the U.S.
- Act as a change agent with experience in leading and successfully driving change.
- Deep analytical and problem-solving capabilities to lead fact-based decision-making and solutioning.
- You have 15 + years of relevant experience: BA/BS or equivalent work experience. You have strong and recent related global experience in human resources operations, including at a leadership level.
- You are an operational thinker with the ability to see the big picture, to understand and integrate disparate ideas and interests, and develop a long-range vision and multi-year roadmap, and innovative end to end solutions
- You have the ability to inspire, lead and develop a team of seasoned professionals.
- You love to problem-solve, plan, and execute, including a desire to get in the weeds as needed to prioritize and meet deadlines
- You work effectively with partners from across functional areas, by creating collaborative relationships, establishing credibility, and motivating/influencing others
- You enjoy partnering with HR function and global teams to define processes and implementation plans, including project prioritization, scheduling, and resource planning
- You understand the complexities of People, Payroll, Finance, and IT processes and how they impact People team deliverables
- You are competent at using quantitative and qualitative strategies to measure the efficacy of programs, interventions, and efforts for a large organization, with demonstrated aptitude in metrics, and reporting
- You are communicative and effective at navigating change management, including the ability to translate processes, practices and concepts for a lay audience, and to actively inform, convince, influence, and educate executives, cross-functional stakeholders, and team members
- You are energized by the opportunity to lead and inspire the team to ensure the effectiveness of processes and practices, as well as to influence, guide, and convince; has a history of having been a thought-leader who people follow and admire.
- You're a trusted advisor and partner with senior HR and business leads to understand their operational issues and opportunities, and create solutions to scale people operations and ensure compliance.
- You have experience handling sensitive, confidential information
We value diversity at our company. Everyone who applies with the qualifications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider employment-qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.