Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
To grow the demand for Splunk in the market through learning and ensure customers, partners and Splunkers can effectively build their capability to deliver outcomes with Splunk, the Global Technical Enablement and Education organization is seeking a strategic, analytical and collaborative Business Operations leader. In this role, you will help us evolve our strategy, streamline the planning and execution of critical initiatives, oversee multi-functional program management and assessment of the overall impact and reach of our learning programs, and drive operational excellence end to end. To be successful in this position, you must have an outstanding understanding of the Education business, be highly motivated, creative, and be able to execute flawlessly.
- Act as a key thought partner, brainstorming & identifying solutions and approaches to challenges and opportunities
- Lead annual fiscal planning & execution for the Global Technical Enablement and Education organization including org structure, org capability, financial goal setting, functional measures and tracking
- Oversee strategic business initiatives (e.g. Partner Ecosystem Strategy) from development through successful execution.
- Partner with Finance and Sales Operations to build a model that will increase training attach rate at point-of-sale while focusing primarily on the opportunity to drive customer adoption.
- Partner with multi-functional teams including GTM, CS and Product to ensure increased penetration of enablement within the internal and partner ecosystem technical teams.
- Coordinate daily operations through collaboration with CS Ops and the functional leaders in the Global Technical Enablement and Education organization
- Serve as an authority for the Global Technical Enablement and Education organization, handling inquiries and developing action plans to address them
- Manage a variety of long-term, cross-organizational projects (e.g. CS Cloud First) including planning, regular assessment and communication of progress
- Assist and connect with leaders in decision-making, program management, and initiative implementation within Splunk Global Technical Enablement and Education organization and across CS
- Support cross organizational processes and systems for optimized efficiency, accelerated velocity and productivity
- Serve as liaison for the Global Technical Enablement and Education organization across CS (as needed) and for cross-company initiatives regarding project updates, proposals, and planning
- Lead a global team ensuring ongoing talent management and career development
- Demonstrated ability in enablement, education, strategy, and operations role leading and supporting business initiatives.
- Deep business, financial and operational experience in a Shared Services model with Enterprise/SaaS companies.
- Understands the customer facing technical ecosystem including the diverse enablement needs of various functions like presales, delivery, support and partners.
- Experience learning vendors and education technology such as learning management systems, sales enablement platforms, video services, content development tools, and virtual delivery platforms.
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent projects and drive initiatives.
- Ability to see around corners and use data strategically to influence.
- Possess business sense, strong analytical, troubleshooting, problem-solving, and project management skills.
- Can work independently with a “make it happen” attitude; able to operate and execute in areas of uncertainty and ambiguity; problem solver and quick learner.
- Strong business point of view and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Able to speak in front of senior leaders as well as write clearly, concisely, and compellingly.
- Strong interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to present technical, data-driven narratives to general audiences.
- Passionate about doing what’s right for the business. High energy and contagious enthusiasm. Willing to take on the tough projects and challenges to support the growth of the business.
- Experience managing a team of 10 or more.
- Bachelors' degree in a technical field.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.