Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
As the Global Splunk New Introduction Leader, you will lead a multi-functional team to co-develop and execute on our Go-To-Market Strategy across Splunk’s new feature and product offerings. This includes close collaboration with product management, marketing, field enablement, and customer success from product inception to delivery. This is a field leader role accountable for establishing the norms and requirements for introducing new products and major features, and for reporting risks and opportunities in multi-functional alignment to senior management. A successful Splunk NPI Leader maintains a technical understanding of the current products, new capabilities, and features as they are being developed, and is able to explain complex topics to internal audiences and customers.
The NPI Leader will run multi-functional teams to ensure pre-sales and post-sales delivery readiness in Splunk sales channels of emerging capabilities, features, and products. Along with program management, you will orchestrate dozens of concurrent customer beta tests by the Emerging Product Advisory Team and others that install, test, validate, and document bleeding-edge Splunk technologies in customer environments. Working across market groups you will build internal processes and systems to streamline and optimize product feedback from the Splunk field, customers, and partners.
- Collaborate with Product Management, Marketing, and Engineering teams to define the mechanisms for external feedback into product design. Together with the Products organization you will continuously monitor and assess those mechanisms to ensure they result in measurable and actionable contribution to the product design process.
- Work within organization to understand the critical outcomes and artifacts necessary for successful introduction of new features, capabilities, and products, ensuring those needs will be met during beta installations and feedback sessions.
- During the beta process, you will monitor the outcomes and work material of teams onsite with customers to installing and testing those features. Throughout the process you will continuously look for improvements to the quality of the output.
- Coordinate across various content producers to ensure training, documentation, standard methodologies and deployment guidance for pre-release and recently released technologies is meeting the needs of their partners.
- To be successful in this role, you will have to become knowledgeable about the sales motions of each Splunk sales segment, and be able to map the physics of selling new products into those motions to discover risks, optimizations, and opportunities.
- Work with market groups to create a common new feature and new product ‘API’ that describes and implements a common way to test, trial, and introduce products into the Splunk channel.
- Demonstrate and articulate Splunk product and portfolio vision to customers either onsite or remotely, and at field marketing events such as conferences and trade shows.
- The ability to learn new technologies underpinning the latest industry trends is critical.
- You will be a self-starter who is motivated by an intense desire to learn, grow, teach & win.
- Have a working knowledge of multiple products in the Splunk portfolio
- Experience leading teams both directly and indirectly in a global technology company.
- Demonstrable ability to influence outcomes and drive initiatives in complex environments with parties that have multiple interests.
- Past success defining and continuously optimizing sales processes, procedures and infrastructure
- Experience in one or more functions: Product Manager, Product Marketing Manager, Sales Engineer, Technical Marketing Manager and/or Delivery Coordinator
- Demonstrated sales acumen and experience working at all levels of a technical buying center, from engineering manager to CIO/CTO.
- Possesses strong presentation skills and communicate clearly and professionally at various levels both inside and outside the company.
- Working knowledge of Open Source and Big Data tools, trends, methodologies, and standard methodologies.
- Possess knowledge and experience across multiple verticals and industries and be able to understand and articulate the technology landscape throughout.
- Willingness to travel at least 25% of the time.
- Expertise with IT Operations, Application Management and/or Security/Compliance is also desirable
Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent experience.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.