Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey.
The Sr Director of Marketing Theater Operations, reporting to the VP of Marketing Strategy & Operations, will be developing a team of Marketing Theater Ops Leads based in North America, Europe and Asia Pacific to support the local teams in running the business on a day-to-day. We are seeking a strategic thinker, ideally with a strong background in Demand Generation with operational experience. This person will think strategically and holistically about the business, be capable of identifying and resolving issues, and excel at quickly grasping and clearly communicating complex topics. There will be opportunities to influence Splunk long-term Marketing strategy and solve enterprise-level questions and challenges with data and analytics, financial modelling, often partnering with executives & leaders across the organization. The team will be the catalyst to socialize standard methodologies globally, help each group better understand their market through analytics and track business performance.
- Develop actionable plans across all regions on a weekly basis to support Sales/Marketing leadership team. Ability to synthesize complex problems/situations into key recommendations with assessment on business impact and risk mitigation.
- Provide day to day support on budget allocation and performance to ensure we are leveraging every dollar of Marketing spend to the fullest. Review marketing mix/channel performance with local teams to optimize trade-offs.
- Establish the team as the undisputed dedicated partner to the theater Marketing team, from planning to budget management and performance monitoring.
- Support development and management of the business plan and other strategic objectives, working closely with Marketing and Sales leadership teams in theater. Help run theater scorecards and provide regular business intelligence/reports for performance management.
- Work closely with cross-functional and regional management teams on strategic projects, bringing timely and useful insight and analytical support. Develop insightful views of theater performance and business drivers to share with executive management
- Instill a strong collaborative culture in the team to drive standard methodologies, with a data driven approach to problem solving, strong operational mindset and resourceful roll up your sleeves attitude.
- Lead operational cadence and drive regular interlocks with Sales/Marketing to monitor performance against plan and run Marketing’s quarterly forecasting, budget, and key activities.
- Run regular pipeline calls with Sales leadership to monitor/analyze pipeline health and drive strong Marketing contribution. Build long term relationship with Sales leaders to support them in achieving their targets.
- Strong communication skills to collaborate effectively with key Marketing leaders and ability to lead by influence.
- Establish a data-driven culture across Demand Gen to champion our pipeline contribution and drive positive value on all our program investments.
- Lead key initiatives/roadmap across Marketing that will have a positive impact on growth, productivity, retention, and/or the Customer Experience.
- Provide analytical expertise to support local Marketing team’s decision-making
- 7+ years of Demand Generation experience with at least 4 years of successfully running a global demand gen team with bold pipeline targets (+40% YOY)
- Confirmed experience of driving Sales/Marketing alignment at all leadership levels and across multiple regions, with strong pipeline focus and an eye towards committed operational cadence and process optimization.
- Ability to partner with Sales/Marketing leadership teams to refine planning/strategy, review resource utilization, budget optimization and overall performance management. At the same time collaborate with field teams on process optimization, productivity improvements and accountability towards performance.
- Run key strategic initiatives for each theater to ensure goals are being achieved and output is being optimized.
- Strong expertise in Business Intelligence, ability to use data/insights to distill key information and provide execs with clear roadmaps on how to execute against plan.
- Drive day to day operational cadence between Sales/Marketing across all theaters to ensure priorities are clear, pipeline coverage is healthy, and overall targets are being met while resources are being used to their full extent.
- Consistent record in running a quarterly budget, analyzing pipeline performance, monitoring funnel conversions, and optimizing marketing mix. Requires strong experience of what conversions to expect by channel and by theater.
- Strong leadership skills, great teammate and a person who can inspire and lead in a diverse team in experiences and background.
- Ability to drive and lead change management programs across functionally and geographically distributed organizations.
- Ability to influence without direct authority as well as develop and maintain strong partnerships
- Strong intellectual curiosity to develop and adopt new standard methodologies and build a continuous improvement culture.
- Combines competitiveness with empathy, along with a high-level of personal and professional integrity.
- Master's degree required.
- Based in San Francisco and be willing to travel 20-40% of the time.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.