Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Splunk is the world’s first Data-to-Everything Platform. Now organizations no longer need to worry about where their data is coming from, and they are free to focus on the business outcomes that data can deliver.
Splunk is looking for a Senior Customer Experience Strategy & Operations Manager to join our passionate, fun and innovative Customer Success organization and build the next generation experience for our customers!
In this role, you will be part of a team driving Splunk’s mission to deliver a seamless customer experience across all stages and touchpoints in the customer journey with passion, collaboration and data. You and the team will define the best Splunk experience that will drive higher customer satisfaction, customer retention, new business growth and expansion.
You’ll work across customers, Customer Success (Professional Services, Customer Success Management, Renewals, Support and Education), Product Management, Marketing and IT to achieve these outcomes. We are looking for a passionate person who will challenge the status quo, lead with a customer first mentality, transform processes, tools and ways of thinking and drive Customer Experience with data and operational excellence.
End to End Customer Experience Solution Planning
- Be a strategic design partner to senior leaders on initiatives designed to integrate the voice of the customer into CX journey design
- Drive a Customer Experience led solution design framework to improve customer journeys. Partner with solution design teams and responsible functions to apply a customer centric lens across the design of key people, process, and system initiatives.
- Prioritize the journeys and build / maintain a roadmap for customer experience /journey improvement areas
- Define core improvement metrics to ensure journey optimization meets the intended outcome.
- Work cross functionally across all Splunk teams to drive alignment on journey design and measures of success
- Build a standard methodology/playbook for executing journey improvement projects
- Define & own solution design/requirements around customer experience:
- In partnership with VOC, identify the requirements around customer expectations (what customers expect to get from a Splunk interaction and when, from whom, and how they expect to get it)
- In partnership with BI/Analytics, identify requirements in any gaps around measurement across the journey being designed specific to key operational AND sentiment focused metrics. These requirements need to be built into the future state process, so we can monitor these priority customer journeys as RTB.
- Collate cross-functional requirements for technology / tools that enable singular digital experiences across teams (i.e. customer portal design to incorporate requirements from ALL teams to serve as the single point of inbound interaction from customers)
Ongoing CX operations/ RTB: metrics, reporting, and analytics across all critical customer journeys
- Set up a monitoring environment for all priority customer journeys that include both key operational & experience/sentiment based measurements
- Based on trends of what customers are going through & saying, develop a ‘closed loop’ event trigger / playbook and identify actions and workflows aimed at improving the customer experience and/or following up on poor experiences
- Drive a regular cadence of reporting on the performance of these critical customer journeys with CS functional leadership and customer-facing teams who own the experience execution.
- Continuously measure & report on ROI of CX improvements based on CX impact model on propensity to renew & expand
- Partner with Product Management, Marketing and CS functions to define and execute the optimum end-to-end product experience. Develop a process architecture and roadmap to ensure that consistent and meaningful interactions are delivering value, accelerating adoption and improving technical health across the product.
What you bring:
- Strategic thinking and foresight: You anticipate market changes, forecast and track changes in customer expectations and quickly mobilize and strategize to guide the required customer experience transformations
- A passion for delighting customers and growth. You’re a pro at conducting and utilizing customer research and data driven insights to guide actions.
- You possess a deep understanding of value drivers in recurring revenue business models
- Interpersonal, networking and influencing skills: Able to communicate effectively with internal and external partners and customers at every level. Influence alignment and prioritization of initiatives critical to delivering the right experience. You embrace change and have a demonstrable ability to execute and influence across functions.
- Problem-solving and analytical skills: interpret and utilize data insights for constantly enhancing customer experience.
- Ability to understand business objectives and align CX accordingly: have a clear understanding of the company’s business objectives in order to strategize CX efforts to achieve the business goals.
- Working backwards to lead the end-user experience: You can visualize the end-user experience and work backwards to plan, strategize and execute CX efforts to deliver great experiences.
- Data-driven approach and an aptitude for technology: Data and technology make for the foundation of today’s customer experience efforts and this marketing technology landscape itself is still evolving. This means, the CX leader must be adept with tools and technologies that help businesses deliver, manage, measure and improve customer experience.
- 5-7 years of experience and proven track record of leading the implementation of transformational customer experience or customer success initiatives in a scaled B2B or B2C environment. Efforts must demonstrate material impact on retention, expansion and growth.
- 5+ years experience in customer experience journey mapping, process architecture, building VOC/Customer Experience measurement systems and executing scalable, repeatable improvements.
- Experience supporting a Customer Success and/or Services organization managing more than $200M recurring revenue
- Experience using marketing automation, CEX tools, data science and predictive analytics to improve and scale the customer experience.
- Prior management consulting experience a plus
- Experience scaling during hyper growth
- Hands-on experience implementing technology products for use by external customers and Splunkers.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.