Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Are you looking to join a new and exciting team? Do you love figuring out how to get customers and organizations to adopt more cloud? If you answered yes to these questions we have a great new opportunity for you! Our Platform Strategist team is a newly created global group at Splunk, and we focus on platform innovation and field/ecosystem strategy. We provide expert assistance to our field teams in solving sophisticated data challenges and crafting new solutions on top of the Splunk data platform. We operate daily in five areas related to Splunk’s overall platform capabilities: setting the field strategy and priorities related to Platform focus and enablement, evangelizing Splunk’s data and platform vision and mission to the world, direct customer interaction, supporting our partner ecosystem, and constant improvement of our data centric capabilities. We also work on prototypes and early examples for Splunk Cloud and Splunk Enterprise that may eventually become part of our official product offerings.
- Discover hindrances to Cloud adoption by both new and existing customers, and build field facing artifacts to address them while coordinating product capability improvements
- Ensure maximum success in building Enterprise-to-Cloud and Cloud-to-Cloud hybrid customer success, including finding and partnering to eliminate size, scale or use case limitations
- Be the go-to ‘last line’ field expert on the performance and scale edges of Cloud, hybrid, and Enterprise.
- Partner with Products and Finance to define, find, and measure the impact of the Cloud and bring Cloud developed technologies to customer managed environments
- Run/lead deep workshops with our customers and partners, author blogs and white papers.
- Minimum of 12 years of experience in the cloud/data strategist type role, preferably as a practitioner, but a track record of success with Splunk products or Core Data focused vendor is acceptable.
- Deep knowledge of the Splunk Enterprise platform internal functions, common misconfigurations, and integration end-points
- Understanding of Splunk Cloud deployment modalities, and around data flows, security, and scale/sizing
- Basic understanding of cloud-native deployment tools and technologies, understanding of Kubernetes
- Sophisticated ability to troubleshoot SPL, mainly when connecting to multiple non-Splunk data sources
- Understanding of how forwarders are deployed, configured, and commonly run both with and without Splunk Deployment Server
- Portfolio of public-facing materials: whitepapers, blogs, presentations, training that you have authored.
- Light coding experience (Python preferred) and examples of code provided
- Experience with common IaaS data services, including building integrations between them or coding / supporting software that relies on them
- Excellent at communicating skills and building relationships and partnering across an organization
- Ability to travel up to 50% within the US & Canada and occasional international travel
- BS in Computer Science or similar degree, MS/MBA degree preferred
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.