Want to help make an IMPACT on higher education? Want to be a part of a company CHANGING the WORLD?
At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey.
Are you ready to change the way businesses think and do you want to make your impact? We seek talent who will establish and execute on a list of major existing and new programs across the higher education landscape. This is a highly transparent, collaborative position that is remote US..
Role: Splunk IT Ops Consulting Sales Engineer
Location: Remote, US
The Splunk IT Ops Consulting Sales Engineer has a deep understanding of how to implement Splunk technical solutions to automate the processes of IT organizations and business, including modifications that will be required to ensure the successful adoption of the solution by the client organization.
You will compile required capabilities, business and technical requirements, and desired outcomes into a global architecture and program definition across the appropriate solution to align with the customer's vision.
In this role you will provide customer facing, deep level expertise in the areas of Application Development and IT Ops. You will demonstrate ITSI for Public Sector customers in an effort to establish yourself as a trusted advisor.
- Perform deeper use case discovery in Application Development and O11y for Public Sector - Civilian.
- Conduct advanced demo for ITSI.
- Own technical win for premium solution covered by their specialty, including POC/POV execution.
- Maintain currency with resources and competitive landscape
- Overview/demo/POC-trained in domain
- Support SE enablement, technical validation of sales strategy
- Technical loss analysis and prioritization within their specific discipline
- Shape customer expectations and thoroughly align outcomes with customer requirements with laser focus on business value
- Facilitate appropriate workshops and other sessions to gather customer requirements, current and desired states, and deliver a best-practice based result.
- Provide technical leadership and contribute to key decision-making related to new solutions and products, cross-product integrations, and product upgrades within Public Sector
- Effectively build and develop relationships within our PubSec Civ vertical and Splunk to ensure success.
- Grow technical champions and coaches within project teams.
- Mentor client team members in the area of domain expertise.
- Strong ITOA and interpersonal skills coupled with the ability to interface at all levels within an organization, from technical to senior management.
- Experience in a NOC, DevOps, or ITOA environment required.
- We seek a self-starter who demonstrates initiative and leadership across the Civilian Public Sector and within the team
- Prior experience supporting Federal a bonus
- Ability to be seen as a trusted advisor and technical leader who is highly requested by management and peers.
- History of consistently delivering high quality results, including timely quality deliverables and meeting project timelines in order to complete projects optimally that meet a customer’s requirements and vision.
- We need someone who can astutely identify and exploit future opportunities to drive additional value
- Experience successfully handling customer expectations through communications and documentation (no or minimal re-work required)
- Desire to continuously enhance solution knowledge and skills to further industry leadership position.
- Ability to oversee and use Splunk resources to augment client discussions and decisions.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related technical field plus a minimum of 8 years of significant IT Operations experience
- Must currently be authorized to work in the United States on a full time basis
About Us:We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.