Splunk Cloud SE Architect- AMER
Location: United States
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most meaningfully to each other’s success.
Are you passionate about groundbreaking technology and helping your customers and peers succeed? Are you naturally curious and passionate about evangelizing the power of big data and data analytics for organizations of all sizes across different verticals? Would you like the opportunity to work at a fast-growing company that is changing the way that information is used to support business decisions? If you answered yes to these questions, then we have a home for you at Splunk.
As a global Splunk Cloud SE Architect, you will be a domain authority on Splunk Enterprise, Splunk Cloud and associated platform integrations. This is an overlay position which participates in and drives strategic opportunities which requires deep technical expertise in Splunk Enterprise and Splunk Cloud platforms. A successful Splunk Cloud SE Architect maintains a deep technical understanding of the product, creates cross-functional relationships, and can explain complex topics to internal audiences and customers.
You will collaborate with key Enterprise Architecture, Big Data teams in many of the world's premier e-Commerce, Social Networking, Online/Cloud Service, PC and Mobile Device and BioTech companies, as well as, several large financial institutions and financial services companies. These are bleeding-edge companies who need to know they are in trusted hands when they come to Splunk for advice and solutions.
Travel: Up to 50%
- Answer technical questions regarding Splunk technology, features, solutions and applications, as well as articulate Splunk's market positioning to both business and technical users.
- You will work with our Global and North America Sales and Sales Engineering teams providing critical issue support for Splunk Cloud Sales activities
- Answer field questions related to Splunk Cloud, and other Cloud technologies such as Azure, Google Compute Platform and Amazon Web Services
- You will work with our Product Management, Marketing, and Engineering teams and help prioritize and influence product capabilities and direction
- You will Develop and Deliver product and technology training for internal and external audiences and will be occasionally be expected to deliver knowledge to other team members, partners, and customers in the form of lunch and learns, webinars, lectures, bootcamps, hack-a-thons or enablement videos.
- As a Technical Sales resource you will identify and address technical issues to assure complete customer satisfaction throughout all stages of the sales or technology evaluation process, and establish, develop and maintain strong relationships with key customer contacts throughout his/her duration as a Splunk employee
- You will demonstrate and articulate Splunk products and solutions to customers either onsite or remotely, and at field marketing events such as conferences and trade shows.
- The ability to learn new technologies underpinning the latest industry trends and prototype solutions for integration with Splunk is critical. Prototypes can be in the form of Splunk Apps, data sources, data stores, visualizations, automation, tools, etc.
- Ability to travel to visit prospects, customers and partners throughout the world, and be willing to engage in onsite customer work when required.
- The SE Architect will be a self-starter who is motivated by an intense desire to learn, grow, teach & win.win.
- Possess Domain knowledge and expertise in Amazon Web Services (AWS), and preferably some knowledge of Azure and Google Compute Platform services
- Ability to integrate Cloud Data sources on Cloud IaaS platforms (AWS, Azure, GCP) with Splunk
- 5+ years of experience as a Splunk Administrator/Architect and sales engineering or consultation experience.
- 2+ year of experience working with AWS and an administrator or integrator (AWS Solutions Architect or another equivalent certifications a plus)
- Possesses strong presentation skills and can communicate clearly and professionally at all levels within and outside of the company.
- Ability to understand customer issues or enhancement requests and turn them into clear and consolidated feature requests
- Possess knowledge and experience across multiple verticals and industries and understands and can articulate the technology landscape throughout.
- Willingness to travel at least 50% of the time.
- Unix based scripting language (Perl, Python,
- sh) skills desirable
- Domain expertise with IT Operations, Application Management and/or Security/Compliance is also desirable
- Bonus points will be given for a candidate with natural sales acumen.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline or substantial relevant on the job experience
Are you looking for an incredible place to work that celebrates innovation, leadership and creativity? Please contact us. Splunk offers competitive compensation and excellent benefits. When you join Splunk you'll be working with a team of intelligent, hardworking individuals who are as passionate about our products as our customers' success.
We value diversity at our company. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which you are applying.