Solutions Engineering Manager
Location: Greater Washington, DC area preferred
Join us as we pursue our disruptive vision to Data-to-Everything! We are a company filled with people passionate about our product who seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success.
Splunk is seeking a highly motivated, results oriented individual to join our dynamic Pre-sales technical leadership team. Would you like the opportunity to work at a fast-growing company that is changing the way that information is used to support business and mission decisions? You will lead a team of Solutions Engineers (SE’s) who focus on Defense and Intelligence Community customers. You will guide the SE’s to discover customer needs, create solutions and enable customers to drive value from Splunk. The team will operate in tight alignment with sales peers, consulting solutions engineers, technical architects, and other organizations within Splunk.
Responsibilities: I want to and can do that!
- Lead a team of Solutions Engineers (SE’s) to ensure sales and customer success
- Regularly meet with SEs and provide feedback career coaching
- Conduct pipeline recruiting efforts to find and hire top field engineering talent
- Mentor/coach new hires during on-boarding and subsequent phases to ensure proper ramping of SE skills and capabilities
- Work closely with sales leadership to jointly develop strategic and technical account plans
- Interact with customers and prospects to understand their business challenges
- Develop a close working relationship with Professional Services and Education to ensure alignment between pre and post sales activities
- Work directly with your SE Director, Field Technical Interlock, Professional services, Product Development and other organizations to ensure alignment with the field, provide process and product feedback, and resolve critical customer situations
Requirements: I’ve already done or have that!
- At least 8+ years’ experience in technically selling and supporting software products to IT organizations
- At least 2+ years related SE/SA Management experience is highly preferred
- Excellent communication skills – written and oral. Ability to communicate sophisticated ideas; Very articulate
- Experience and familiarity with the Splunk portfolio preferred
- Experience with Defense or Intelligence Community strongly preferred
- Domain expertise with IT Operations, Application Management, and/or Security/Compliance is desirable
- Ability to work with diverse groups of people; challenge and lead people toward peak performance
- Able to travel up to 20%
- BS in Computer Science, Management Information Systems or substantial relevant on the job experience
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
- Security Clearance preferred.
About Us:We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.