Role: Solutions Architect - Cloud, Sales Engineering
Job Description: That’s a cool job! I want it!
Splunk Cloud Solutions Architects are domain experts on the Splunk Cloud services, cloud service providers (CSPs), and demonstrating data from cloud services. As one of Splunk’s senior-most technical presales resources, you will be a catalyst for securing the technical win on strategic and sophisticated opportunities.
A successful Cloud Solutions Architect will not only maintain a deep technical understanding of cloud products and services, but also build multi-functional relationships, and create collateral to build scale and impact Splunk’s rapid growth rate.
Requirements: I’ve already done that or have that!
- Serve as the highest-level technical escalation in support of Splunk Cloud services, and cloud-related pre-sales efforts including operationalizing cloud service data in Splunk
- Engage with North American sales teams including both strategic commercial and public sector accounts
- Provide standard methodologies and root cause analysis of the most complex technology challenges -- This may include building test environments and experiments, establishing ad-hoc teams of experts, and/or collaborating with Product Management and Engineering
- Act as an internal technical expert, fielding questions related to Splunk Cloud services, and cloud services provided by Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform, and Amazon Web Services
- Develop and deliver technical training for internal and external audiences covering both Splunk Cloud and public cloud services
- Articulate the value of solutions at sophisticated sales stages and at high-impact marketing or tradeshow events such as Splunk’s annual user conference
- Maintain and extend personal expertise related to evolving and newly-emerging technologies underpinning the latest industry trends and prototype solutions for integration with Splunk
- Influence product capabilities and direction based on crosscutting customer challenges and needs
- Operate as a self-starter who is driven by an intense desire to learn, grow, teach & win
Key Candidate Differentiators:
- 7+ years of experience in a senior technical pre-sales and/or delivery capacity
- 3+ years of experience architecting and/or implementing Splunk Enterprise
- 3+ year of experience working with a CSP IaaS and PaaS offerings
- Possess deep knowledge and expertise in Amazon Web Services (AWS), Azure, and/or Google Cloud Platform service; certifications a plus
- Technical experience selling and/or delivering a FedRAMP SaaS offering
- Experience operationalizing data cloud services for specific use cases
- Experience creating, communicating and presenting technical content for large and diverse audiences, including CxOs
- Expertise in at least one scripting language (Python, bash, etc.) is highly desirable
- Expertise with an enterprise data streaming capability (e.g., DSP, Confluent, Kinesis) including architecture, deployment, sources/sinks, functions and building pipelines
- Bachelor's degree in an engineering subject area (e.g., computer science, electrical engineering, information systems, or similar) -- outstandingly well-qualified candidates with equivalent experience will be considered
- Must currently be authorized to work in the United States on a full time basis
Ability to travel up to 25% (when/where public health conditions allow due to COVID-19)
United States, Continental U.S.
Are you looking for an incredible place to work that celebrates innovation, leadership and creativity? Please contact us. Splunk offers competitive compensation and excellent benefits. When you join Splunk you'll be working with a team of smart people who are as passionate about our products as our customers' success.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.