Solution Sales Engineering Manager (EMEA Commercial)
- Location EMEA
Splunk is seeking a highly motivated, tech-savvy and results-oriented manager to join our presales team.
In this role, you will manage a team of Solution Sales Engineers who are tasked with creating the next generation of successful Splunk customers.
You and your team will be working closely with Splunk’s EMEA Commercial Sales, Distribution and Partners, supporting them throughout the technical part of the sales process, responsible for the overall technical win with our customers. You will be responsible for the hiring, coaching and development of the team.
This is a unique opportunity to join a fast-paced and market-leading cloud business company that is changing the way that information is used to support business decisions.
Duties and Responsibilities
As Solution Sales Engineering Manager your primary responsibilities will be to:
- Build, lead and manage a world-class Presales team.
- Be able to identify and hire top talent into the Presales organisation.
- Mentor and Coach Presales Engineers.
- Work closely with Splunk Partners and Distributors to leverage partners in opportunities
- Define development and performance plans to maximise the potential and performance of the individual members of your Presales team.
- Provide oversight on important Presales activities, such as POC planning and execution, approval of RFI/P responses, ensuring that your Presales team are trained and certified and able to deliver compelling discovery workshops, product demos, solution overview presentations, etc.
- Provide feedback and insights into the Sales forecast on an opportunity by opportunity basis.
- Become an active member of the Worldwide Shared-services Management team to share best practices and mature the business.
- Work closely with the EMEA CMCL Solution Sales Engineering Director on the prioritisation, planning and feedback of activities performed for CMCL Sales opportunities.
Business Knowledge and Experience
- Proven track record in customer-facing technical software sales
- Previous experience in leading a presales or service-oriented team
- Experience managing early-career team members
- A solid background of impactful coaching and mentoring
- Domain expertise with DevOps, IT Operations, Application Management and/or Security is a bonus.
- Ability to develop a strong understanding of each target client’s business, operations and industry trends, including understanding the strategic business and technology goals. Understand the client’s buying process.
- Understands how Splunk’s solutions can provide capabilities and benefits in order to address the client’s business needs.
- Ability to understand and articulate business value/ROI case studies.
Essential Education, Experience and Additional Skills
- A University Bachelor’s degree or similar.
- Proactive and able to manage activities in a self-sufficient manner.
- Strong leadership and management skills.
- Strong communication skills.
- Strong knowledge of the sales process including the technical win.
- Self-motivated with a proven track record in technical software sales and knowledge of technology.
- You should be comfortable working for a dynamic, agile, disruptive and technical organisation with a rapidly expanding customer base.
- Resilience and resourcefulness when solving complex problems.
- Excellent team skills.
- Winning and Can-do attitude.