Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable, and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun, and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Do you enjoy building large scale applications that are powered by huge data sets? Are you passionate about working on products that make a difference for your customers? Do you value working in an environment where you're empowered to drive and make key technical decisions across a full stack of technologies? If so, a role on Splunk's Mission Control team might be a great fit for you.
Be a part of our journey as we reinvent security operations, and help enterprises say goodbye to “swivel chair" security. Splunk Mission Control is a unified cloud-based platform that brings together security data, analytics, and operations under one common work surface where security teams can holistically detect, manage, investigate, hunt, contain, and remediate threats — all from one place — resulting in faster, more efficient and more effective security operations.
We are looking for a hands-on Software Engineering Manager to lead the Platform team. As a manager at Splunk, your primary role is to help your team reach its maximum potential through mentorship, staying engaged with our current projects, participating in design and technical decisions, and helping the team overcome any challenges that we encounter.
As a leader in the Security Markets group, you will also be deeply involved in roadmap planning, structuring our organization, and collaborating with a large network of software and security professionals. Our teams are distributed in multiple locations; the right candidate will need to have excellent communication and leadership skills which transcend the geographic divides.
- Lead the E2E design, implementation, and operationalization of cloud-native services.
- Collaborate with developers and architects on technical decisions throughout the development lifecycle.
- Roll up your sleeves and work with the team through real-time diagnosis, troubleshooting, and remediation when problems arise.
- Work closely with team leads from across the product organization, identify the critical path and resolve dependencies.
- Contribute to and influence the product strategy and roadmap.
- Conduct regular 1:1s with direct reports; lead, mentor, and help them navigate challenges and coach them toward their career development.
- CI/CD is a must have for us. A successful manager will champion code quality among the team by actively driving strict code reviews, test plan development, and holding ourselves accountable for writing appropriate automated tests.
- 2+ years supervisory or management experience and 8 years of professional experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or another quantitative field. Equivalent practical experience will be considered.
- Production-level experience in designing, implementing, deploying and operationalizing microservices on the Cloud.
- Solid understanding of cloud infrastructure and cloud operations.
- Deep understanding of Kubernetes, Docker, and AWS/GCP/Azure technologies.
- Proven experience with setting up, optimizing and keeping CI/CD pipelines healthy.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of cutting-edge technologies to improve the deployment infrastructure.
- Understanding of Cloud monitoring tools.
- Demonstrated experience with A/B testing, blue-green environments, canary deployments, and challenges in large-scale production environments.
- Strong drive for automating manual processes, collecting robust metrics, data, and monitoring information from our services, ensuring that if an issue arises, the team is alerted before our customers notice.
- Proven people management and leadership skills, and a proven track record of mentoring and coaching team members.
- Passionate about building and fostering good engineering practices and processes, like version control, test-driven development, continuous integration, and build/test/release automation.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Scrum master experience is preferred.
What We Offer You
- A constant stream of new things for you to learn. We're always expanding into new areas, bringing in open source projects and contributing back, and exploring new technologies.
- A set of exceptionally talented and dedicated peers, all the way from engineering and QA to product management and customer support.
- Growth and mentorship. We believe in growing engineers through ownership and leadership opportunities. We also believe mentors help both sides of the equation.
- A stable, collaborative, and supportive work environment.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco or San Jose, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.