Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, our customers, having fun, and most importantly, to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Do you enjoy working with smart and passionate people who are out to innovate the way people interact with data? We have set out to build the next generation Data Analytic SaaS platform, to empower developers and users alike. Do you thrive in a team atmosphere where you can have a deep impact on a wide range of work? Are you a self-starter that enjoys learning new technologies and providing mentorship? Are you comfortable working in a loosely structured organization to embrace change as an opportunity to improve things?
If so, Splunk is looking for experienced Software Engineers to join the team building Splunk Investigate. You will have significant influence on the direction of a brand new product that we are working on which will change the landscape of how developers interact with machine data.
- Implement back-end support for features that use innovative technologies, open-source initiatives, and third-party services.
- Create, enhance and encourage robust test suites for all code, because you recognize the value of automated testing and continuous integration.
- Integrate metrics and service level indicators into features you build so that you can monitor, improve, and scale out services horizontally.
- Design, develop, and deploy software daily using continuous delivery tools based on Docker, Codeship, and Kubernetes.
- Collaborate with Product Managers, Designers, Customers, and fellow Software Engineers to deliver Splunk's latest user-facing products
- Provide fanatical production support for your features and applications.
- 5+ years of professional software engineering experience, including large-scale SaaS application development.
- Strong communication and comprehension skills, both verbal and written.
- Background includes working with Docker, Kubernetes, or other container technologies.
- Proficiency with either Go, Python, or Typescript in a production environment. Experience with Go and GraphQL is strongly desired.
- Be able to engage with engineering teams throughout the development process and guide them to be efficient with Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery.
- In-depth understanding of structure, security, and load distribution for multi-tenant software systems.
- Familiarity with major cloud platforms such as Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud, or Microsoft Azure.
- Comfortable with tuning application performance and engineering for scalability.
- Be familiar with the principles of chaos engineering and have the ability to put it in motion across a suite of services.
Nice to have:
- A BS Computer Science or Electrical Engineering or equivalent.
- Exposure to Splunk or a similar analytics solution.
- Involvement in open-source projects.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.