Software Engineer (Python OR GO)
Join us as we pursue our innovative vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, our customers, having fun and most meaningfully, to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
As an Engineer on Developer Experience Team, you will be at the heart of Splunk’s engineering process building software that empowers engineering teams to develop and deliver high quality products quickly. We are focused on solving the hardest, most interesting challenges of developing and testing software at scale without sacrificing stability, quality, velocity or code health. We ensure Splunk’s success by partnering with engineering teams and developing scalable tools and providing scalable infrastructure that help engineers develop, test, debug and release software quickly. We impact Splunk Engineers and our customers by increasing the pace of product development and ensuring our products are shipped with quality. We are looking for candidates who share a passion for building scalable and robust Frameworks and services for our CI/CD pipeline which enable and help developers deliver quality software to customers quickly.
As a Software Engineer on the Developer Experience Team you will-
- Create frameworks and services that will improve developer velocity and productivity.
- Develop a paved road for code validation tools and services to help shift left the testing of the product.
- Create and maintain a developer portal that is a highly extensible platform powered by a service catalog.
- Drive adoption of best practices in code health, development productivity, and maintainability.
- Enable Observability and Insights for helping improve Developer Productivity.
- Strong fundamentals in software engineering: data structures and algorithms
- Experience working with CI/CD tools and pipelines (Gitlab, Github Actions)
- Coding proficiency in one or more of the following languages with the ability to quickly learn new languages: Go, Python.
- Experience/Familiarity with test automation frameworks, code coverage, SAST tools.
- Kubernetes/Docker experience.
- Observability/Opentelemetry is a plus.
- Strong debugging and troubleshooting skills including the use of associated tools
- Knowledge of any one of the public cloud services like AWS, GCP, Azure
What we offer
- A team of incredibly capable and dedicated peers, all the way from engineering to product management and customer support.
- A stable, collaborative, and supportive work environment. We work in an open environment, work together to get things done, and adapt to the changing needs for the team. We keep it real by being open and honest.
- Balance. We want you to be successful outside of work too. We trust our colleagues to be responsible with their time and commitment, and believe that balance helps cultivate a positive environment.
- Fun. We are committed to having every employee want to give it their all, be respectful and a part of the family, and have a smile on their face while doing it.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Note: Splunk provides flexibility and choice in the working arrangement for most roles, including remote and/or in-office roles. We have a market-based pay structure which varies by location. Please note that the base pay range is a guideline and for candidates who receive an offer, the base pay will vary based on factors such as work location as set out below, as well as the knowledge, skills and experience of the candidate. In addition to base pay, this role is eligible for incentive compensation and may be eligible for equity or long-term cash awards.
Benefits are an important part of Splunk's Total Rewards package. This role is eligible for a comprehensive, competitive benefits package which may include healthcare and retirement plans, paid time off, wellbeing expense reimbursement, and much more! Learn more about our comprehensive benefits and wellbeing offering at https://splunkbenefits.com.
Base Pay Range
Base Pay: PLN 168,000.00 - 231,000.00 per year