Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most significantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Splunk's NLP team is looking for a Software Engineer to design and build for our next generation Natural Language Platform. You will be working on groundbreaking machine learning algorithms, and be a champion for creating high quality, fast and resilient services. You will work with a team of passionate engineers and data scientists to deliver an extraordinary service that will bring unprecedented level of accessibility of machine data to everyone.
- You will design and build fast, efficient and scalable Machine Learning pipelines
- You will review design decisions with architects
- Propose and implement new Machine Learning models-
- Measure impact of Machine Learning updates-
- You will analyze and fix performance bottlenecks and scalability problems-
- Champion strong design principles and drive initiatives to improve code quality
- 3+ years related industry experience
- Extensive experience designing secure, reliable and high performing API services
- Experience working on complex projects with dependencies on multiple teams
- Familiarity with Machine Learning algorithms
- Experience with multiple programming languages including Go, Scala, Python, Java and/or NodeJS
- Familiarity with databases such as SQL, Redis, MongoDB
- Experience optimizing performance of web services and databases
- Experience with cloud services (e.g. setting up services on AWS)
- BS CS/EE or equivalent
Nice to have:
- Experience in Natural Language Processing - Training, Query and Generation
- Experience with Rx, Tensorflow, Keras, PyTorch
What We Offer You:
- A constant stream of new things for you to learn. We're always expanding into new areas, bringing in open source projects and contributing back, and exploring new technologies.
- A set of exceptionally collaborative and dedicated peers, all the way from engineering and QA to product management and customer support.
- Growth and mentorship. We believe in growing engineers through ownership and leadership opportunities. We also believe mentors help both sides of the equation.
- A stable, collaborative and encouraging work environment.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records