Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers and partners. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
If you are highly analytical and love designing and developing solutions related to Enterprise Integrations (EI) using APIs then this role is for you. The EI team is passionate about building the next generation enterprise API platform that makes business data and capabilities accessible as APIs to power innovation and higher-value creation to both internal and external stakeholders
What you'll do: Yeah, I want to and can do that.
As a Mulesoft Engineer, you will play a critical role within the enterprise integrations core team at Splunk. In this role you will do the following.
- Work closely with product managers and engineers to develop and expand our strong set of API led capabilities to super-charge our business.
- Work cross-functionally with a broad set of business partners, using keen business process understanding and critical thinking to design, develop, test and document APIs using Mulesoft platform
- Be responsible for the upkeep of integration standards & toolset by performing code and design reviews with a senior team member, and implement automated tests that others can understand,
- maintain, and expand
- Participate in various Scrum ceremonies as a member of the agile team
- Be challenged with identifying innovative ideas and proof of concepts to deliver against the existing and future needs of our customers derived on a set of strong engineering principles
- Support and manage existing APIs built leveraging the Mulesoft platform
- Use and build Splunk reports and dashboards for monitoring and troubleshooting for the APIs
- Contribute to the core integrations platform team by sharing knowledge, and keeping up with the new trends and best practices as they evolve in the industry
Requirements: I’ve already done that or have that!
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in an IT or engineering role developing and supporting integration web services
- 3+ years of experience designing & developing REST based web services using the Mulesoft Anypoint platform
- Experience in designing & developing REST based web services using Mulesoft Anypoint platform, Oracle SOA, TIBCO and similar tools
- Experience with SOAP & REST style web services, XML, XSLT, JAVA, web services, scripting tools like Python, Groovy
- Deep understanding of Service Oriented Architectures, microservices framework & lifecycle, scalable enterprise design
- Solid software engineering principles and concepts
- Experience with API management, security, OAuth and OpenID technologies
- Experience with test frameworks like Junit, Munit, TestNG and automated testing
- Experience working with Agile methodologies such as SCRUM
- Highly motivated and self-starter who is quick and open to adapt to new technologies
Preferred knowledge and experience: These are a huge plus.
- Experience with AWS
- Knowledge of Splunk products
- Mulesoft Certified Developer (Level 1) - Mule 4 or MCD - Integration and API Associate
Education: Got it!
- BA/BS in Computer Science, IT, Engineering, Mathematics or related field
What We Offer You: Wow, I want that.
- A constant stream of new things for you to learn. We're always expanding into new areas, bringing in open source projects and contributing back, and exploring new technologies.
- A set of extraordinarily hardworking, innovative, open, fun and dedicated peers, all the way from engineering and QA to product management and customer support.
- Growth and mentorship. We believe in growing engineers through ownership and leadership opportunities. We also believe mentors help both sides of the equation.
- A stable, collaborative and supportive work environment.
We don't expect people to work 12 hour days. We want you to have a successful time outside of work too. Want to work from home sometimes? No problem. We trust our colleagues to be responsible with their time and dedication and believe that balance helps cultivate an extraordinary environment
This isn’t a job – it’s a life changer – are you ready?
Splunk has been named one of San Francisco Bay Area’s “Best Places to Work” by the San Francisco Business Times, ten years in a row. We offer a highly competitive compensation package and a plethora of benefits.
Splunk is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.