Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and commemorating each other’s success.
Splunk's GDI (Getting Data In) team is responsible for building products, tools, and technologies used by thousands of Splunk customers to bring data from a large number of systems and products into Splunk. We are looking for an exceptional Software Engineer to work as part of the team chartered with getting data into Splunk and ready for analysis as quick and easy as possible.
What you'll do
- Use your technological knowledge to build Splunk Technology Add-Ons to integrate IT and Security systems and devices with Splunk analytics
- Extract Knowledge Objects (KO) from logs using Regular Expressions and Splunk’s Search Processing Language (SPL)
- Analyze the information provided in logs and map it to Splunk's Common Information Model (CIM)
- Research the optimal ways of extracting data from IT and Security Devices and Services
- Run CI pipelines to test software and fix bugs
- Collaborate with teammates and other groups, such as Product Management, on solving common data ingestion issues
- Address customer issues on a timely manner
What you'll need
- 2+ years of experience in any of the following: IT systems, security, enterprise or infrastructure management, application development and management, and/or data analytics.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical thinking skills.
- You're comfortable with command-line applications, source control, testing frameworks and other aspects of developing in large, distributed software teams.
- Knowledge of regular expression
- Experience working with popular Cloud services and open-source projects is desirable
- Ability and motivation to learn scripting and programming
- Programming experience or knowledge is a plus
- Experience with Splunk or other SIEM/Log Management tools is a plus
- BA/BS preferred in computer science, computer engineering, information technology, or mathematics or equivalent work experience
What We Offer You:
- A constant stream of new things for you to learn. We're always expanding into new areas, bringing in open source projects and contributing back, and exploring new technologies.
- A set of exceptionally talented and dedicated peers, all the way from engineering and QA to product management and customer support.
- Growth and mentorship. We believe in growing engineers through ownership and leadership opportunities. We also believe mentors help both sides of the equation.
- A stable, collaborative and supportive work environment.
- We don't expect people to work 12 hour days. We want you to have a successful time outside of work too. Want to work from home sometimes? No problem. We trust our colleagues to be responsible with their time and dedication, and believe that balance helps cultivate a phenomenal environment.