Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable, and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best customer experiences. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, our products, our culture, and most importantly our customers.
Do you enjoy working with smart and passionate people who are out to innovate the way people interact with data? Do you thrive in a team atmosphere where you can have a deep impact on a wide range of work? Are you a self-starter that enjoys learning new technologies and providing mentorship? Are you comfortable working in a loosely structured organization to embrace change as an opportunity to improve things?
If so, Splunk is looking for an experienced Software Engineers in Test to join the team building the next generation of Splunk's End-User Experience. You will be testing cutting edge web interfaces and visualizations.
As a Software Engineer in Test, the responsibilities include designing, documenting, executing, and automating tests to effectively and efficiently test features in development.
You will be expected to contribute automated, reliable, resilient, and extensible solutions to enhance and evolve our testing strategies and capabilities, and continually improve our already large and stable testing infrastructure for our Customer Managed Platform and Enterprise Cloud products.
You will work intimately with the Engineering and Product Management teams to develop, automate, and execute sophisticated tests to verify conformance of Splunk features and their functionalities. We are looking for motivated, enthusiastic, focused, and attentive individuals who have a real passion for quality engineering and have a strong understanding of product quality standards, automation, and processes.
- Passionate peers. You will engage with a diverse set of peers in engineering, design, docs, product management, sales, and support.
- Breadth and depth. Work on frontend web development testing.
- Growth and mentorship. We believe in growing diverse engineers through ownership and leadership opportunities! We also believe mentors help both the individuals and the company grow.
- Safe, diverse, collaborative, and supportive work environment. Splunk strongly supports working in an open, safe, and inclusive environment.
- Balance. Splunk is a people-first company and Splunkers are encouraged to maintain a work-life balance. We trust our Splunkers to be responsible for their time and commitment and believe that balance helps cultivate a positive environment.
- Effective communicator. Excellence in verbal and written communication, the ability to be concise and effective in getting ideas across to other people and teams.
- Distributed solutions. Experience in setting up and working on distributed systems like Amazon Web Services Cloud, Google Cloud Platform, Azure.
- Design, build, and maintain test automation. Developing frontend automation and analyzing test results to ensure quality products and quality user experiences. Ability to triage and fix complex issues in highly distributed environments and platforms while recommending corrective action.
- Develop/research automation tools used to improve the test coverage efficiency and sufficiency. Develop and evolve test frameworks, tools, infrastructure, and CI systems. System/critical thinking and big picture mentality are important.
- Customer engagement: Desire to engage with customers and participate in validating patches and maintenance releases.
- Education: Must have 5 years of related experience with a technical Bachelor’s degree, or 3 years and a technical Master’s degree, or a Ph.D. without experience, or equivalent work experience.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disabilities, etc.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.