Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
About the Role:
Splunk Data Platform team is seeking an exceptional Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET), to support and test both back-end and front-end of our platform offerings. Our team is responsible for testing various components and services of Splunk for both on-premise and Splunk Cloud Offerings. You will partner with the Engineering and Product team to design, develop and execute sophisticated tests to ensure the end-to-end quality of Data Platform features. We are looking for motivated, enthusiastic and focused individuals who have a real passion for quality engineering and have strong knowledge of product quality standards, automation and processes.
- Identify Testing Requirements: Work closely with developers and product managers to understand and clarify testing requirements against product specifications and implementations
- Test planning and design: Design the test plan and test cases for complex features in large distributed environments for Splunk Enterprise Cloud product line
- Design, build and maintain test automation: Develop reliable test automation in Python, Java or Golang with high-code quality, and conduct peer code reviews
- Analytical Mind: Conduct in-depth analysis to identify the testing gaps and improve overall test coverage
- Continuous Optimization: Identify gaps in test practices/framework/tooling, and design/drive solutions for higher efficiencies across the organizational boundaries
- Customer Obsession: Incorporate the feedback from customer use cases, customer issues, telemetry data in to testing practices to enhance the overall product quality
- Mentor: Coach junior team members and participate in hiring critical talents for the team
- Passionate at SDET engineering and Splunk
- Expertise on test-driven development, developing different levels of automated tests, such as unit test, functional test, integration test, system test, or performance test
- 3+ years experience developing test automation in Python, Java or Golang
- Experience in developing and evolving test frameworks (like Pytest, Junit, TestNG, or any Go testing frameworks), tools, infrastructure, and CI systems (like Jenkins, Bamboo, etc.)
- Experience in setting up and working on Cloud distributed systems and solutions like AWS Cloud, GCP, or Azure
- Effective communication and strong collaboration skills
- Knowledge on microservices. Prior testing experience for microservices based products is a plus
- Experience with Kubernetes, Docker, and any container orchestration is a plus
- Experience with Hadoop, Spark, or Hive is a plus
- BS EE or CS degree; 5 + years related experience (or Masters and 3 + years related experience or Ph.D. and 0 years experience) or equivalent.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
(Colorado only*) Minimum base salary of $95,000. You may also be eligible for incentive pay + equity + benefits. Note: Disclosure per sb19-085 (8-5-201 et seq).