Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Splunk is looking for highly motivated new grads or early in career talent to join our team. You will work on real projects that go to market. You will also have an opportunity to enjoy our dynamic, startup-like environment. You will get invaluable work experience at a leader in “Big Data”, the hottest software market now, and you will have the opportunity to focus on full-stack, backend or front-end technologies.
You will experience Splunking and what defines our culture while honing the skills which separate our development teams from others. Working to support internal and external customer needs, you will collaborate with cross-functional teams, receive mentorship, and gain insight into our values-driven process. Our goal is both to support your growth and development while empowering you for a successful start to your career.
As a Software Engineer in Test you will be responsible for ...
Crafting effective testing tools, test frameworks, and processes to help increase engineering productivity. Splunk’s Quality Engineering and Tooling team is a heavy Python shop. We use technologies like Splunk, Python, Pytest, Docker, Kubernetes, Jenkins, Git, and much more to deliver continuous quality software to our customers. You will become familiar our existing projects and work on a variety of features and bug fixes to improve these technologies and engineering frameworks.
- You will write effective code to add or modify test tooling, testing frameworks, and write automated test cases using the latest technologies.
- You will reproduce defects in your local environment, integration environments, and write code to fix the bug and release new versions of the tools.
- You will establish effective communication and forge relationships with engineers, who use our testing tools and frameworks, to identify issues, gather test requirements to verify bugs, new features and feature enhancements.
- You will overcome larger feature development work in collaboration your team.
- You will create a well defined software implementation design and convince your peers why your proposal makes sense.
- You will implement features in an iterative way and eventually release the full solutions.
- A Bachelor's degree, Master’s degree, or PhD in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics or a related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- A minimum of 1 relevant internship, research assistantship, or teaching assistantship
- No more than 2 years of full-time professional work experience
- Curious about software quality engineering in a large-scale environment.
- Ability to unit test your code using appropriate tools and framework.
- Familiarity with object-oriented programming concepts, large-scale software architecture, networking and distributed systems, and UNIX/Linux environments.
- Familiarity with REST API and microservices is a plus.
- Familiarity with CI/CD concepts is a plus.
- Familiarity with tools and technologies like Git, Jenkins, Gitlab, AWS, Docker, GCP is a plus.
- You enjoy collaborating with others in a fast-paced environment.
- Able to learn new technologies quickly.
- Strong communication skills, verbal and written.
What We Offer You:
- The opportunity to work with a set of extraordinarily hardworking and dedicated peers, all the way from engineering and QA to product management and customer support. Splunk flourishes with disruption and diversity.
- A constant stream of new things for you to learn and an opportunity for growth and mentorship. We believe in growing engineers through ownership and leadership opportunities. We also believe mentors help both sides of the equation.
- A stable, collaborative and supportive work environment.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.