Join us as we pursue our vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most meaningfully to each other’s success.
As a Software Engineer in Test, you will be responsible for building, and maintaining automation tools to verify the quality of the Splunk Observability product.
You will work to enhance existing automation solutions that are highly reliable, resilient, and extendable.
You will coordinate with and build solutions to support other internal teams ranging from Sales to Product Engineering.
You will help design and implement performance testing tools that will be used on a system that processes millions of requests per minute.
As a Software Engineer in Test, you will work closely with the Engineering and Product Management team to develop, script and execute tests to help feature teams verify conformance of Splunk features and their functionality implemented by Engineering against required functional specifications laid out by Product Management. We are looking for motivated, enthusiastic and focused individuals who have a real passion for quality engineering and have good knowledge of product quality standards, automation and processes.
- Opportunities to develop and grow as an engineer. We are at the forefront of our industry, always expanding into new areas, and working with open source and new technologies.
- A set of hardworking and dedicated peers, all the way from engineering, test engineers to product management.
- Breadth and depth. You want to work in an area that spans backend and frontend and SDKs? We have that. You want to go deep into optimizing how we compress data for fast random-access retrieval? We have that too, and more.
- Growth and mentorship. We believe in growing engineers through ownership and leadership opportunities. We also believe mentors help both sides of the equation.
- A stable, collaborative and supportive work environment. We work in an open environment, have a shared kitchen and sit down for a quick sync every morning.
- Balance. We don't expect people to work 12 hour days. We want you to have a successful time outside of work too. Want to work from home sometimes? No problem. We trust our colleagues to be responsible with their time and commitment, and believe that balance helps cultivate a positive environment.
- Distributed Experience in working on distributed systems like AWS Cloud, Google Cloud Platform. Docker, Terraform or Kubernetes is a plus.
- Design, build and maintain test automation. All of our features are deployed in GCP and AWS Cloud. Developing automation and analyzing test results to ensure quality and recommend corrective action on both platforms is a must.
Experience in building/improving frontend test automation frameworks. Experience in developing test automation using frameworks like Selenium and/or experience with JS based frameworks (cypress.io etc.) OR experience with large scale, functional backend testing.
- Develop/research automation tools used to improve the test coverage efficiency and sufficiency. Develop and evolve test frameworks, tools, infrastructure, and CI systems.
- Web applications testing skills.