Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable, and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun, and most meaningfully to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Are you interested in being part of a team-building new and innovative enterprise and SAAS products integrating with cloud and cloud-native technologies? Splunk is looking for a Software Engineer to be part of an agile team in building new, innovative, and user-friendly ways of onboarding and ingesting cloud monitoring data. This team is a part of the GDI (Getting Data In) group in Splunk, which has multiple teams working on the cutting edge of cloud integrations, streaming data ingest, and cloud onboarding solutions that will provide the data for various Splunk products and solutions in the IT and Security monitoring, investigation and analytics space.
- Lead the testing of a product or a sub-area of a product in the GDI area
- Detailed reviews of design, architecture, and code produced by other engineers
- Works closely with the Engineering and Product Management teams to develop, automate, and execute sophisticated tests against required specifications.
- Collaborate with internal teams within GDI and teams outside of the GDI area (i.e. outside of the Krakow office)
- Incorporates customer use cases, issues, telemetry data back into testing to improve the overall product quality.
- Proactively identifies testing and process gaps and implements solutions to achieve efficiencies across the organizational boundaries.
- Passionate about Quality Engineering and Splunk
- Experience in at least one programming language, such as Python (most preferred), Go, Java, Ruby, Perl, or C++
- SCM experience in Git, GitHub, or GitLab
- Experience in test automation frameworks such as Pytest or Selenium WebDriver
- Experience in DevOps and CI/CD related technologies
- Strong communications, documentation, and presentation skills
- BS EE or CS degree; 3 + years related experience (or Masters and 1+ years related experience or Ph.D. and no work experience).
Nice to have requirements
- Basic system administration skills in Unix/Linux and Windows
- Experience in setting up and working on Cloud distributed systems and cloud providers like AWS, Google Cloud Platform, or Azure
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes or any container orchestration system
- Experience building test frameworks or infrastructure