Software Engineer in Test - Enterprise
Are you passionate about learning new technologies and understanding how they work? Are you interested in an opportunity to work with an upbeat team to help drive its products to a new level? As a Software Engineer in Test - Enterprise , the responsibilities include crafting, detailing, executing, and automating tests to effectively and efficiently test features in development. You will be encouraged to lead and drive the Splunk product features’ quality by implementing an automated, reliable, resilient, and extensible solutions to improve and evolve our testing strategies and capabilities, and continually improve our testing infrastructure for cloud offerings. You are also having opportunities to do substantial data analysis to achieve our goal of customer obsession.
- Own the testing of a high sophisticated feature or sub-areas from native Cloud service/solution to deliver in a continuous delivery model.
- Support test design and test code reviews, and participates in test framework architecture discussions, as well as product design discussion.
- Work intimately with the Engineering and Product Management teams to develop, automate, and execute sophisticated tests against required specifications.
- Collaborate with external and internal teams and it’s the heart of what makes Splunk a phenomenal place to work at.
- Incorporate customer use cases, issues, telemetry data back into testing to improve the overall product quality.
- Proactively identify testing and process gaps and implements solutions to achieve efficiencies across the organizational boundaries.
- Understanding of micro-services.
- Experience in at least one programming language, such as Python (most preferred), Go, Java, Ruby, Perl, or C++. With SCM experience using Git, GitHub, or GitLab.
- Experience in test automation framework using Pytest, Selenium WebDriver or any Go testing framework (e.g. Ginkgo).
- Expert in understanding system administration skills in Linux and Windows.
- Experience in setting up and working on Cloud distributed systems and solutions like AWS Cloud, Google Cloud Platform, or Azure.
- Experience with Kubernetes, Docker, and any container orchestration system and solution.
- Experience in DevOps and CI/CD related technologies.
- Experience building up test framework or infrastructure.
- Effectively communicates within the team, and contributes effectively to the success of those that they interact with regularly.
- Experience in engineering management and leadership.
- Strong collaborative, documentation, and presentation skills.
- Experience dealing with multi-functional teams, including Support, Sustaining, and Customer Escalations.
Strong coding skills, knowledge of distributed system, test automation, experience on large scale projects
- BS EE or CS degree; 5 + years related experience (or Masters and 3 + years related experience or Ph.D. and 0 years experience) or equivalent.
Join us as we pursue our vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most meaningfully to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
(Colorado only*) Minimum base salary of $95,000. You may also be eligible for incentive pay + equity + benefits.*Note: Disclosure per sb19-085 (8-5-201 et seq).