Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most meaningfully to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Splunk DSP (Data Stream Processor) team is seeking an exceptional Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET), to support and test the next generation of Splunk Platform Ingest Service. Our team is responsible for testing various components and services of Splunk for both on-premise and Splunk Cloud Offerings. You will work closely with the Engineering and Product team to develop, script and execute sophisticated tests to verify conformance of DSP features and their functionality implemented by Engineering against required functional specifications laid out by Product Management. We are looking for motivated, enthusiastic and focused individuals who have a real passion for quality engineering and have strong knowledge of product quality standards, automation and processes
- Understanding of Systems Programming. Examples of areas you need to be knowledgeable in, include understanding of networking fundamentals and memory.
- Experience with Streaming Platforms:
- Experience with Big Data Ingestion Frameworks, such as Pulsa, Kafka, Flume or equivalent
- Experience with Big Data Processing Frameworks, such as Flink, Spark, or equivalent
- Nice to have experience with Hadoop, Hive, etc
- Distributed System Experience in working on distributed systems like AWS Cloud, GCP and Azure
- Design, build and maintain test automation. Our Products run in Single Tenant and Multi Tenant/Microservice architecture. Experience with designing and building Frameworks which can process and validate massive amounts of data in real-time.
- API Driven Testing Experience. Expertise on developing test automation and working with HTTP APIs, such as REST, GraphQL or gRPC
- Experience in building/improving test automation frameworks. 3+ years experience developing test automation in C++, Python, Java, Golang
- Proficient in SCMS - Github, Gitlab and CI-CD tools like Jenkins, Bamboo, etc. Develop and evolve test frameworks, tools, infrastructure, and CI systems.
- Customer engagement: Desire to engage with customers and participate in validating patches and maintenance releases. Incorporate telemetry data into test design.
- Mentor: Coach junior team members and involve in hiring critical talent for the team
- 5+ years of experience as a SDET or SW Engineer
- Passionate at SDET engineering and Splunk
- Expertise with Kubernetes, Docker, and any container orchestration
- Solid experience in DevOps and CI/CD related technologies.
- Expertise on test-driven development, developing different levels of automated tests, such as unit test, functional test, integration test, system test, or performance / load test
- Bachelor’s in CS degree; 5 + years related experience (or Masters and 3 + years related experience or Ph.D. and 1+ years' experience) or equivalent.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
(Colorado only*) Minimum base salary of $95,000. You may also be eligible for incentive pay + equity + benefits.*Note: Disclosure per sb19-085 (8-5-201 et seq).