Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
As a Test Automation Engineer on the Integrations Team within the SignalFX product line, you will help us achieve this goal by designing & developing test-frameworks/methodologies to help ensure the code quality of our Integrations Portfolio, while also developing and implementing tools that help us main compatibility and consistency of customer experience with our integrations across a myriad of platforms and versions.
- Design and develop frameworks/harnesses for use in testing all aspects of our Integrations Portfolio
- Design and develop tools and scripts to help with the automated deployment and configuration of infrastructure and services required for effective testing of integrations
- Understand the inner workings of a highly complex product and help create test-plans and testing strategies for various services
- Be a quality champion and create innovative ways to measure and improve quality
- Automate test cases/scenarios for existing and new product features
Our engineering teams are small, fast paced and highly impactful. We are looking for experienced engineers who are passionate about the quality of their work and would like to work on impactful and recognizable open-source projects. We will provide a work environment where you have clear deliverables, are empowered to do a great job and will be recognized for your achievements. You will have the opportunity to work with a highly entrepreneurial team members and a team that retains its startup DNA. You may also choose to share and talk about your work through channels like conferences, meetups, and blogs.
- Extensive scripting experience with Java and/or Python.
- Hands-on experience in developing test frameworks and harnesses, both from scratch (home grown) as well as using open-source ones like pytest, Robot Framework, etc.
- Experience writing API and backend tests
- Strong working knowledge of CI/Automation platforms like Jenkins, Travis CI
- B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent. At least 1-2 years of prior relevant test automation experience is preferred
- Familiarity with build systems like Maven and deployment processes/tools for SaaS Products
- Extensive experience with Docker Containers, Cloud Platforms (AWS, GCE and/or Azure) and one or more Container Orchestrators such as Kubernetes. It is also critical to have a deep understanding of how these technologies are being leveraged by companies both in Dev/Test as well as Production Environments. Experience with PaaS environments such as Cloud Foundry is also highly desired