Software Engineer in Test - Security and Compliance
Splunk Enterprise Security is an advanced SIEM product built on top of Splunk Enterprise. We help thousands of clients as they protect their assets and identities from cyber threats, all over the world. On any given day, our software needs to handle thousands of users, petabytes of data, and unique usage patterns across different deployment topologies.
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success.
- Stabilize and Maintain CICD ( Continuous Integration Continuous Deployment ) pipeline.
- Help reduce the number of test bugs by stabilizing the existing tests, migrating the Selenium Python tests to Web driver IO.
- Help add Integration tests for the bugs that are found internally and externally.
- Strive to constantly improve test automation framework.
- Write comprehensive release/feature test plans.
- Design, build and maintain test automation for Enterprise Security Application.
- Able to validate Enterprise Security Application on different Splunk Platform architectures.
- Understand customer pain points, update/add automation to catch the issues earlier in the cycle.
- Keep improving the test efficiency by being open and innovating on new tools
- Bachelor’s/Master’s in Computer Science/Software Engineering with 2+ years of experience required
- Desire to engage with customers and participate in validating patches and maintenance releases.
- Solid knowledge of Windows and Linux OSs
- Experience in Selenium or other UI test tools
- Experience working on distributed systems and enterprise applications
- Experienced in building and improving test automation frameworks
- System/critical thinking and big picture mindset
- Good Listener and Effective communicator
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.