Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
About the Role:
- Be responsible for the end to end ownership of a QA team
- Build and manage a team of SDETs and QAEs that are responsible for developing and maintaining software for testing our Splunk products.
- Be a champion of quality and operational excellence: establish team metrics for measurement of quality and operational excellence and a consistent, regular process for assessment and improvements.
- Establish a consistent, project management framework and excellent development processes to deliver high quality software, in rapid iterations, for business partners in multiple geographies.
- Be responsible for mentoring and developing SDETs.
- Raise the bar on technical excellence, show thought leadership, and communicate well to different audiences.
- Implement Quality Assurance best practices pertaining to test definition, requirements tracking, and test automation
- Drive decisions about test strategies
- Oversee the execution of test plans and monitor the progress of testing
- Provide the detailed bug reports and metrics, reporting to executive team
- Bachelor's degree and/or Master's degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- A minimum of 2 years of management experience.
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant testing experience.
- Experience in testing high-performance, highly-available and scalable distributed systems.
- Experience with employee development, performance management and delivering results.
- Problem-solving skills and have the ability to analyze quantitatively, scope technical requirements and effectively prioritize program deliverables.
- Presentation and written communication skills are essential, as is the ability to build partnerships with senior leaders across a variety of groups throughout Splunk.
What we offer you:
- A constant stream of new things for you to learn. We’re always expanding into new areas and exploring new technologies.
- A set of exceptionally hardworking and dedicated peers, all the way from engineering and QA to product management and customer support.
- Growth and mentorship. We believe in growing engineers through ownership and leadership opportunities. We also believe mentors help both sides of the equation.
- A stable, collaborative and supportive work environment.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.