Software Engineer – Full Stack
Join us as we pursue our disruptive vision to harness machine data in the next generation of IT and Security analytics products! We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our products and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and commemorate each other’s success.
Splunk's Enterprise team is seeking a Software Engineer to create the tools and systems supporting the process of Security log research. These will provide acquisition of log sources, allow for better and faster analysis and ensure the high quality of the final deliverable.
- Develop a method to identify log formats and apply it on customers data at scale to detect new logs
- Design and build a test system to ensure completeness, correctness, compliance and performance of processed logs.
- Utilize APIs of Security Devices to extract logs in an optimal fashion
- Create a system to generate logs on demand in a lab environment
- Design and build an application to assist with research of large amount of log data
- Build tools to integrate with CI/CD pipeline and display real time indicators of the development process
- 3+ years of relevant industry experience in languages such as Python, Go or Java.
- Familiarity with web application frameworks such as Flask and, client-side frameworks like (Vue, React) is a plus.
- Experience working with Docker, AWS, and Amazon EKS is nice to have.
- Experience with an Agile DevOps engineering environment that efficiently uses CI/CD pipelines (Jenkins, GitLab, etc.) is valuable.
- Familiarity with Splunk or other SIEM and Log Management systems is a plus.
- Self-starter, passionate and always looking for new ways to contribute to the team.
- At least a Bachelor’s degree
- Opportunity for making a real impact in a critical aspect of the business
- A constant stream of new challenges and learning opportunities
- A set of exceptionally talented and dedicated peers, all the way from engineering and QA to product management and customer support.
- Growth and mentorship. We believe in growing engineers through ownership and leadership opportunities. We also believe mentors help both sides of the equation.
- A stable, collaborative and supportive work environment.
- We don't expect people to work 12 hour days. We want you to have a successful time outside of work too. Want to work from home sometimes? No problem. We trust our colleagues to be responsible with their time and dedication, and believe that balance helps cultivate a phenomenal environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.