Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, our customers, having fun, and most importantly, to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Do you enjoy working with smart and passionate people who are out to innovate the way people interact with data? Do you thrive in a team atmosphere where you can have a deep impact on a wide range of work? Are you a self-starter that enjoys learning new technologies and providing mentorship? Are you comfortable working in a loosely structured organization to embrace change as an opportunity to improve things?
If so, Splunk is looking for experienced Software Engineers to join the Developer Platform engineering team.
- Build services and technologies to enable internal and external developers to deliver solutions on the Splunk Developer Platform.
- Implement features that use innovative technologies, open-source initiatives, and third-party services.
- Create, enhance and encourage robust test suites for all code, because you recognize the value of automated testing and continuous integration.
- Integrate metrics and service level indicators into features you build so that you can monitor, improve, and scale out services horizontally.
- Design, develop, and deploy software daily using continuous delivery tools based on Docker, Codeship, and Kubernetes.
- Provide fanatical production support for your features and applications.
- 3+ years of professional software engineering experience, including large-scale SaaS application development.
- Strong communication and comprehension skills, both verbal and written.
- Proficiency with either Python, Go, or C++ in a production environment. Experience with Python/Django is strongly desired.
- Experience with developing and operating services for e-commerce, financial systems, subscriptions billing
- You’re familiar with industry-standard practices and constraints regarding data security, privacy, and other regulatory compliance burdens, and you’re ready to apply this knowledge in your team’s engineering efforts
- Expertise developing and working with thoughtfully designed REST APIs and SDKs.
- Background includes working with Docker, Kubernetes, or other container technologies.
- Familiarity with major cloud platforms such as Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud, or Microsoft Azure.
- Comfortable with tuning application performance and engineering for scalability.
Nice to have:
- A BS Computer Science or Electrical Engineering or equivalent.
- Exposure to Splunk or a similar analytics solution.
- Involvement in open-source projects.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.