Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Are you excited about building innovative solutions? Do you enjoy working with smart and passionate people who are out to change the way to think about data? Do you thrive in a team atmosphere where you can have a deep impact on work you're doing ranging from backend systems architecture design to front end development and everything in between? If so, Splunk is looking for experienced Software Engineers to join the Splunk Developer Cloud team.
- You will develop the tools, services, and resources to enable internal and external application developers to build solutions on the Splunk Cloud Platform.
- You will work with groundbreaking technologies, taking advantage of open-source initiatives and third-party services, to provide the best developer experience.
- You are expected to be a self-starter, innovative and always looking for new ways to contribute to the team.
- You will analyze and optimize frontend and backend code, and pursue simplicity, efficiency, reliability and performance.
- You will use independent judgment to take existing code, understand its function and change/enhance as needed.
- You have 5+ years of relevant industry experience
- You are comfortable with at least one backend programming language C++, Go, NodeJS, Python
- You are passionate about front end UI development and providing outstanding user experience. You have an eye for design and are capable of crafting the code to deliver it.
- You have expertise working with thoughtfully designed Restful APIs
- You have the ability to learn new technologies quickly and provide mentorship
- You have strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Interested in helping enable developers
Nice to Have
- You are familiar with one of the major Cloud technologies, e.g. AWS, Azure and Google Cloud
- You have real experience delivering major updates to production systems and services
- Have you contributed to any open-source projects?
- Do you have experience with GraphQL, OpenAPI/Swagger, Splunk?
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.