Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Splunk is looking for a student to join our Vancouver-based team for the fall 2023 co-op term. As a Backend Software Engineer intern, you will work on a real project (or a few) and have an opportunity to enjoy our dynamic, startup-like environment. You will have the opportunity to:
- Design, develop, code and test software systems, or applications for software improvements and new products.
- Contribute through participation in agile development of project timelines, implementation design specifications, system flow diagrams, documentation, testing, and ongoing support of systems.
- Make an impact through your recommended modifications to processes and procedures, and directly contribute to standard methodologies, architecture, and implementation.
- Actively pursuing a Bachelor's, Master's, or PhD in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics or a related technical field, and a strong record of academic achievement.
- Applicants should have a minimum of one quarter/semester remaining in their studies after their internship concludes.
- The Splunk Co-op program runs for a 15 consecutive weeks from September-December 2023. Applicants must be available to participate full-time (40 hours/week) in a Co-op during this time.
- Familiarity with one mainstream programming language, such as Go, Java, or Python
- Exposure to docker, Kubernetes, or public cloud platforms (e.g. AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Exposure to working with REST APIs
- Familiarity with test-driven development, writing various levels of automated tests, such as unit test, functional test, integration test, system test, or performance / load test
- Familiarity with CI/CD, such as Jenkins, GitLab CI, or Bitbucket pipeline
- Familiarity with modern version control system, such as Git
- Experience building meaningful software applications: in a class, as a personal hobby, as a job, as part of an open source project
- Experience collaborating with others in a fast-paced environment
- Strong communication skills, verbal and written
- Able to learn new technologies quickly
What We Offer You:
- A constant stream of new things for you to learn. We're always expanding into new areas, bringing in open source projects and contributing back, and exploring new technologies.
- A set of exceptionally talented and dedicated peers, all the way from engineering and QA to product management and customer support.
- Growth and mentorship. We believe in growing engineers through ownership and leadership opportunities. We also believe mentors help both sides of the equation.
- A stable, collaborative and supportive work environment.
- We don't expect people to work 12 hour days. We want you to have a successful time outside of work too. Want to work from home sometimes? No problem. We trust our colleagues to be responsible with their time and dedication, and believe that balance helps cultivate an extraordinary environment.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.