Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, our customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success.
Are you excited about building innovative solutions? Do you thrive in an atmosphere where your work can have a deep impact on the backend systems architecture design to front end development and everything in between? Splunk's Cloud group is looking for engineers to help build our large scale Cloud offering. You will work with a team building a state-of-the-art, cloud-based environment for massive-scale data processing. You will be working to ensure development teams, product teams and our cloud customers all understand exactly how their cloud systems are performing
- You are passionate about building, observing and operating distributed systems at scale in production.
- You can dive into a large polyglot codebase and contribute as you learn
- You are motivated to collaborate on a team to build, review and help design high quality software and systems.
- You are okay with the uncomfortable feeling that comes from learning new things
- You are interested in exploring new programming paradigms, languages, and patterns
- You have the ability to research problems and break them into discrete parts
- You have a proven foundation in RESTful APIs, data structures, algorithms, software design and security.
- You are enthusiastic about making the many users of your product happier every day.
- Strong interpersonal skills based in empathy
- Passion for ensuring systems are observable
- Understanding of Infrastructure as code, automated monitoring and reporting
- Knowledge of Kubernetes, Go and Docker.
- Experience with development and deployment in a hosted cloud environment, preferably AWS.
- Experience with building SaaS multi-tenant applications
- Experience in a pair programming
What we offer you:
- A fun and collaborative team that is focused on leveling each other up
- A constant stream of new things to learn. We're always expanding into new areas, bringing in open source projects and contributing back, and exploring new technologies.
- Breadth and depth of opportunities. You want to explore backend, frontend and SDKs? We have that.
- Growth and mentorship. We believe in growing engineers through ownership and leadership opportunities. We also believe mentors help on both sides of the equation.
- A stable and supportive work environment. We work in an open environment.
- We don't expect people to work 12 hour days. We want you to have a successful time outside of work too. Want to work from home sometimes? No problem. We trust our colleagues to be responsible with their time and dedication, and believe that balance helps cultivate a phenomenal environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability