*Location: Seattle, WA*
Join us as we pursue an exciting new vision to make machine data accessible, usable, and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun, and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Are you interested in being part of a small team tasked to build the next-generation industry-leading platform for machine data? Splunk is looking for Software Engineers to join the effort to define and build the future of Splunk. You will be joining a team that's developing both the engine that drives our machine-data platform as well as the infrastructure to run and scale it.
We give our engineers an environment in which they can contribute from day one while also providing opportunities for learning and growth. You'll learn how our entire stack works - from identity and access control to customer entitlements and lifecycle management – all in distributed environments. The work you’ll do will directly impact the experience of our customers.
We are an engineering- and product-focused company. Our engineers take a leading role in designing, architecting, building, and testing our product. Engineers at Splunk have a wide impact, from developing new capabilities like identity management to metrics ingestion and analysis to working with customers to see their work be used to solve real-world problems.
- Opportunities to develop and grow as an engineer. We are at the forefront of our industry, always growing into new areas, and working with open source and new technologies.
- A set of talented and dedicated peers, all the way from engineering to product management and customer support.
- Breadth and depth. Do you enjoy working in an area that spans backend and frontend and SDKs? Here you'll have the opportunity to go deep into optimizing how we compress data for fast random-access retrieval. This is just a small insight.
- Growth and mentorship. We believe in growing engineers through ownership and leadership opportunities. We also believe mentors help both sides of the equation.
- A stable, collaborative, and encouraging work environment. We work in an open environment, have a shared kitchen, and sit down for a quick sync every morning.
- 5+ years of related experience with a technical Bachelor’s degree; or equivalent practical experience
- Desire to Learn and Adapt. We have a lot of projects going on at once, and you'll have to learn to navigate the code and features. You'll constantly be learning new areas and new technologies.
- Passion. Our customers are passionate about Splunk, and we want the same from our engineers. We want you to actively own your work and be passionate about your projects.
- Understanding of Systems Programming. Examples of areas you may be knowledgeable in may include how threads work, understanding of filesystems, server and kernel architectures, a good grasp of data structures and algorithms, etc. You don't need to be an expert, but you should have a foundation to build on.
- Experience with Cloud and Containers. You have experience in writing software and operationalizing it for deployment to Cloud services, and you've worked with the container ecosystem using tools like Docker, ECS, and Kubernetes.
- Experience building cloud identity and security services would be a plus.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.