Software Engineer, Cloud Applications - Common Services.
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Are you interested in being part of a team building new and innovative SAAS products using machine data, machine learning and analytics? Splunk is looking for a Software Engineer to be part of an agile team in building common services for Cloud Security and Monitoring solutions. This team is a part of Cloud applications group in Splunk, that has multiple teams working on the cutting edge of data analysis and correlation and machine learning to build solutions that address security and IT Market needs in security, monitoring, incident response, incident remediation and automation space.
We give our engineers an environment in which they can contribute from day one while also providing opportunities for learning and growth. You’ll learn how our entire stack works – from data ingestion to search, building exciting end user experiences which will directly impact our customers.
What We Offer You:
- A constant stream of new things to learn. We’re always expanding into new areas, bringing in open source projects and contributing back, and exploring new technologies.
- A set of incredibly talented and dedicated peers, all the way from engineering and QA to product management and customer support.
- Breadth and depth. You want to work on an area that spans backend and frontend? We have that. You want to go deep into optimizing how we gather data from disparate sources? We have that too, and more.
- Growth and mentorship. We believe in growing engineers through ownership and leadership opportunities. We also believe mentors help both sides of the equation.
- A stable, collaborative and supportive work environment. We work in an open environment, have a shared kitchen and sit down for a quick sync every morning.
- We don’t expect people to work 12 hour days. We want you to have a successful time outside of work too. Want to work from home sometimes? No problem. We trust our colleagues to be responsible with their time and commitment, and believe that balance helps cultivate a great environment.
What We’re Looking For:
- Desire to Learn and Adapt. We have a lot of projects going on at once, and you’ll have to learn to navigate the code and features. You’ll constantly be learning new areas and new technologies.
- Strong customer focus and passion for building intuitive products that will delight our IT user base. Our customers are passionate about Splunk and we want the same from our engineers.
- Have designed and developed APIs and micro services and released them using automated CI/CD pipelines.
- You are a full stack engineer comfortable with JS frameworks as well as API/microservices development.
- You are very proficient in programming in Golang.
- You are proficient in one or more of the following languages Python, C++, Java.
- Ability to coach/mentor junior engineers on the team, provide technical direction, perform design/code reviews and champion engineering best practices.
- Experience with Cloud is a plus. You have experience writing software and operationalizing it for deployment to Cloud Services like AWS and Azure.
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes is a plus
- Experience with supervised and unsupervised machine learning algorithms for regression, classification, and clustering is a plus.
- Experience in Data analysis/Data science is a plus.
- Atleast 3-5 years of relevant experience working on scalable systems that analyze very large data sets.
- 3-5+ years of experience and a MS in Computer Science preferred.