Splunk>Phantom is the only purpose-built Security Automation & Orchestration platform, and the first to provide an open, growing community for sharing playbooks, apps and new technologies. It makes security smarter, faster, and stronger.
Are you passionate about working on products that make a difference to our customers? Serving the customer and working directly with them is our core value. Do you value working in an environment where you are empowered to make technological decisions to make our customer lives better?
If staying technically challenged and working with customers excites you, we are looking for an exceptionally highly motivated developer with real passion for security to extend the capabilities of our world-class platform. With a sharp focus on well tested, performant code, come help protect the world's networks.
As a Cloud Software Engineer, you will take a major role in helping build and be responsible for a world class Security Automation product as a Service.
- Achieve a deep knowledge of our product architecture, design and implement new features to reduce mean-time-to-resolution of security events
- Collaborate and work closely with your engineering peers, product management, QA, and release teams solving hard problems and improvements
- Build external and internal facing APIs
- Help specify and install security controls for our SOAR offering for both AWS and GCP cloud infrastructure
- Participate in day to day operations and continually monitor (ConMon) services
- Supervise, validate and seek security controls and security logging in a production operational SaaS environment
- Work directly with engineers and product managers to influence the product requirements
- Keep product quality in mind and use tools and technologies to make engineering process efficient
- Expertise in Python and/or C++ is a hard requirement
- Knowledgeable with OS (RedHat/Centos/Ubuntu) libraries, ability to resolve build and installation dependencies
- Knowledgeable with encryption libraries and experience is a plus.
- Knowledgeable with a rest framework such as Django, Flask
- Good understanding of threading limitations, multi-process architecture, event driven programming, functions, improvements, classes, comprehensions, exceptions and problem solving in Python is a huge plus
- Experience in working with AWS, Cloud environments, Containers, Kubernetes, Docker - DevOps Engineering environment with owning tests, CI/CD pipelines is a plus
- Take pride in developing reusable, scalable, testable, and rapidly growing efficient code
- 5+ years of relative experience with a technical Bachelor’s degree; or 3+ years and a technical Master’s degree.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records