Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Splunk is building a fast paced team and looking to hire top engineering talent with exceptional expertise with Unix operating systems and C/C++ programming languages.
The candidate must have strong engineering discipline and an exceptional understanding of design patterns and multi-threaded high performance application architectures.
- Design and implement highly scalable solutions and architectures using the most appropriate design patterns.
- Follow and use best Object Oriented design principles for a maintainable and extensible set of components.
- Implement modular and testable code: cleanly, efficiently, and with full unit testing capabilities.
- Implement modern algorithms for efficient computing tasks.
- Effectively interact with software development, QA, and release teams.
- 3+ years’ experience in C/C++ and Python
- Solid understanding of OS principles (especially Unix) and multi-threaded applications
- Solid understanding of RDBMS, Postgres and SQL
- Solid understanding of the development cycle of any software based product
- Solid understanding of network layers and network security fundamentals
- B.S. in Computer science, and/or related work experience.
- Experience with security technologies
- Experience developing clustered systems
- Experience with security infrastructure equipment or software, SIEM, IPS, UTMs, etc.
- Experience in any scripting language (Shell, Tcl/Expect, etc)
- Knowledge of network architecture design patterns