Software Engineer – Backend C++
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are excited about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Are you interested in being part of a team tasked to build the industry-leading platform for machine data? Splunk is looking for Software Engineers to join the effort to define and build the future of Splunk. You will be joining a team that's developing both the engine that drives our machine-data platform as well as the infrastructure to run and scale it.
We give our engineers an environment in which they can contribute from day one while also providing opportunities for learning and growth. You'll learn how our entire stack works - from data ingestion and storage to searching, reporting and building dashboards – all in distributed environments. The work you’ll do will directly impact the experience of our customers.
We are an engineering- and product-focused company. Our engineers take a leading role in designing, architecting, building and testing our product. Engineers at Splunk have a wide impact, from developing new capabilities like metrics ingestion and analysis to working with customers to see their work be used to tackle real-world problems.
What we offer:
- Opportunities to develop and grow as an engineer. We are the forefront of our industry, always expanding into new areas, and working with open source and new technologies.
- A stable, collaborative and supportive work environment - You will work in an open environment with a set of talented and dedicated peers, all the way from engineering to product management and customer support.
- Growth and mentorship. We believe in growing engineers through ownership and leadership opportunities. We also believe mentors help both sides of the equation.
- Balance. We don't expect people to work 12 hour days. We want you to have a successful time outside of work too and believe that balance helps cultivate a positive environment.
- Desire to Learn and Adapt. We have a lot of projects going on at once, and you'll constantly be learning new areas and new technologies.
- Passion. Our customers are passionate about Splunk and we want the same from our engineers. We want you to actively own your work and be excited about your projects.
- Understanding of Systems Programming. Examples of areas you need to be knowledgeable in, include how threads work, understanding of networking fundamentals, memory and file system.
- Data structures and Algorithms. A good grasp of data structures and algorithms and RESTful APIs is preferred.
- Distributed Programming. Experience in working on distributed systems like databases, distributed file systems, distributed concurrency control, consistency models, CAP theorem is an added plus.
- Ability to work with multiple programming languages. We have code in several languages, ranging from C/C++ and Go to Python. In this position you'll be mostly using C++.