Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Splunk is looking for an enthusiastic engineer to work on a fast moving, highly impactful team. Successful candidate will help architect and develop a distributed platform.
- Experience building high performance distributed systems
- Self driven and passion for making an impact
- Experience in SaaS like environments: building, deploying and operating software in production reliably with no customer downtime
- 3+ years of industry experience
- S.C.S. or or equivalent practical experience
- Implement, enhance, and maintain Java microservices involved in our streaming analytics capabilities as well as other services owned by the analysis team
- Participate in code reviews and make suggestions to help with the quality of our code and design
- Participate in a devops model to operate the distributed systems managed by our team within production environments
- Troubleshoot, profile and debug production issues impacting our backend services or directly impacting our customers
- Work with other engineers and product managers to gather requirements and identify gaps
- Participate in our planning process to determine priorities and execution timelines
- Streaming real time data processing and/or frameworks (Kafka, Spark, Storm, or similar)
- High performance computing
- Building large scale monitoring systems
- Cassandra or similar highly scalable storage engines
- ElasticSearch or similar document stores at scale
- Experience coding in Java or Go
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.